Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2008, 02:55 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Anybody at camp Monaco here in Elkhart? If so, stop by and say hello! I would love meeting any of the irv2 members. I'm in the Signature in front of the laundry room.
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2008, 02:55 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Anybody at camp Monaco here in Elkhart? If so, stop by and say hello! I would love meeting any of the irv2 members. I'm in the Signature in front of the laundry room.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:32 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
CB5300,
I'm sorry I missed you! I had wanted to see the Indiana facilities, and we were going to be back up there to visit family.

I had the oil, filters, fluids changed and getting the coach washed and waxed here in Houston and we were READY to hit the road.

The day prior to our departure I had a little chest pain (first ever!!) that ended up being more than we expected.

Needless to say, we had to put our trip on hold, but I've really wanted to meet some IRV2 members also.

Maybe we'll end up there and meet sometime in the future.

Enjoy your trip - wish we were there!
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
BudtheDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 04:45 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Bud! Are you okay? What happened? Chest pains, delayed trip... please let us know how you're doing, okay?

Brenda, of...
Old 07-26-2008, 05:06 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Brenda;
I thought I was way too young for this stuff (really)! Not overweight, well, maybe a little. Reasonable diet. Walk about 3 miles regularly with my wife. The afternoon before we were to leave, a week ago yesterday, I walked to our mailbox and didn't make it back.
Emergency trip to the Hospital Cardiac Catheterization lab. Had a >99% blockage in an artery they fondly call the "Widow-Maker."
At first the cardiologist couldn't even get a wire thru the blockage, but was able to, inserted a little metal tube called a stent to keep the artery open.

I'm doing fine now and almost back to full duty, but still a little sore. I don't recommend defibrillation paddles at home. Even under skilled hands it hurts like being struck by lightning. Okay, well, I don't know what being struck by lightning is like, but have a really good idea now.

It's not quite the vacation I was looking for, but time off is time off!

The good news is that the coach is waxed and LOOKS GOOD!
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
Old 07-26-2008, 05:34 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Bud, glad you're feeling better.

cb5300, will you still be in the area and attending the rally at Goshen?
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 07:18 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Bud,

That's quite a story. I'm real glad it had a happy ending. Hope everything is back to normal for you very soon.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 04:19 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Yes, I'm very glad you're okay, as well. Pretty scary stuff. Stay well, and enjoy that very shiny coach now!

Brenda, of...
Old 07-27-2008, 06:10 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
CB;
Sorry for hijacking your thread! I do wish I was there with you - we really had intended to be there.
Elkhart is only about two hours from my family's house in North Indianapolis. I've been concerned over the closing of the Indiana plant and wanted to tour before things come to an end there.

Thanks everybody for caring. And,
Thanks so much for allowing me to write.
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
Old 07-27-2008, 10:19 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
I'll be in the area, but if I understood correctly this rally is for HR coaches, and I own a Monaco....I'd like to come over and see what the vendors had for sale.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:13 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> rally is for HR coaches, and I own a Monaco </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Honestly, I don't know. I've only been a "Monaco" product owner since Apr and this is my 1st "HR" event.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:57 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Bud, happy to hear you are doing better. Certainly is a wake up call. No thanks on the paddles.

Charles, with the pending Indiana closures what is the atmosphere like? It would be tough to have a very positive attitude with a pink slip looming over my head.

mark

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:45 AM   #13
SRT

Monaco Owners Club
Bud, glad you are better with a stent inserted. So far I've had two inserted. Sure is weird laying on the table watching the TV as they insert it. Glad I caught the warning sign that ended up with the first stent. Gotta get that stress test done every few years (that caught the semi-blocked artery (80+%) for the second stent).

It is going to be interesting on the Monaco/HR facilities contraction in Indiana. Monaco should be able to weather this "storm" OK.
SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:18 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Sixpack98 - glad you asked Charles that question. It was on my mind.

SRT - Sadly I didn't get to watch the catheterization films. I love a good horror film, but I was out cold.

Thanks for your comments! I'm back to full steam, but instead of the trip to Indy (family(translate -sitting in someone's living room), I'm ready to head someplace fun-er. Like Sanibel Island, or see the Redwoods, or any place I've never been/seen.

Where are the absolute most fun (read that as relaxing and beautiful) places you've ever been?
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad