Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2006, 09:01 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Hi All –

Following is a report of our experience with a visit to Camp Monaco, FL, in early July in our ˜06 Endeavor 40PAQ.

A couple months ago, I learned of Monaco's Wildwood Service Facility in central Florida and since we were planning to be there soon, made an appointment to have a few things looked-at right after the Fourth Of July holiday. The primary concern was a big rain-leak showing up under the washer/dryer, plus some other possible leaks from around the slides. Since we've only had rain twice around here since the rv was new, it's tough to find and isolate a rain-leak and I wanted Monaco to put their talents to work on it.

In the ensuing weeks, I managed to find the big leak and fixed it myself but wanted to keep the appointment because a few other small things had cropped-up. I kept the Monaco folks apprised of my list and its progress, and they said they would be happy to accommodate.

The big day finally arrived, and so did we at Camp Monaco – a day early because of our driving-schedule. We were very courteously assigned a camp spot at one of the nicest ˜parks' I'd seen in quite some time. Very open and clean, plus a pond with a sign to watch for the alligators (I thought it was just there to keep people from swimming in it, but later found it was for real!). They said they'd try to fit us in that day if they could, but no promises. Turns out, it was ok as we needed the time to relax anyways.

First thing the next morning, a knock on the door signaled the arrival of our service-writer Angie. She efficiently listed all of my concerns and answered the questions I had about a few other things. Then I got some bad news. She said that, because it was a Holiday week, they were short-handed and would have to slip me til next week. She apologized profusely and said it was definitely not my fault, but theirs, and hoped I understood. I explained that even though the weather was perfect and we loved being in that part of Florida, our travel schedule didn't allow us to wait an extra 3 days, and so we'd have to re-schedule for sometime in the future.

She then disappeared, but came back a few minutes later with a big smile and the good news that she'd moved a few other coaches around in the line-up and we were to be next! They let us unload our day's needs, and off went our coach.

An hour or so later, a minor family medical emergency blossomed that required an immediate trip to another city about 3 hours south. I explained our predicament to the inside folks and in minutes they had us a rent-car lined-up and we were on our way, with the reassurance to not worry about our coach – they'd let us know if there were any questions and would be happy to get it all set up for us for our return late that evening. And they were true to their word.

Next day, they finished the remaining things to our complete satisfaction and we were handed back the keys with another big smile. It couldn't have been better. Having purchased 5 other new rv's and many autos in the past and getting them all worked-on at one time or another, I had been expecting a major hassle of some kind or other somewhere along the line, but the folks there were awesome in doing things promptly, courteously, efficiently and with a smile.

All in all, considering the Endeavor itself and the follow-on service I've received after the sale, I couldn't have asked for better treatment nor been happier with our purchase.

(Well, yeah I guess I could ask for better, but I'll never be able to afford a Prevost and get to find out if it is better).

Thanks,
Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2006, 09:01 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Hi All –

Following is a report of our experience with a visit to Camp Monaco, FL, in early July in our ˜06 Endeavor 40PAQ.

A couple months ago, I learned of Monaco's Wildwood Service Facility in central Florida and since we were planning to be there soon, made an appointment to have a few things looked-at right after the Fourth Of July holiday. The primary concern was a big rain-leak showing up under the washer/dryer, plus some other possible leaks from around the slides. Since we've only had rain twice around here since the rv was new, it's tough to find and isolate a rain-leak and I wanted Monaco to put their talents to work on it.

In the ensuing weeks, I managed to find the big leak and fixed it myself but wanted to keep the appointment because a few other small things had cropped-up. I kept the Monaco folks apprised of my list and its progress, and they said they would be happy to accommodate.

The big day finally arrived, and so did we at Camp Monaco – a day early because of our driving-schedule. We were very courteously assigned a camp spot at one of the nicest ˜parks' I'd seen in quite some time. Very open and clean, plus a pond with a sign to watch for the alligators (I thought it was just there to keep people from swimming in it, but later found it was for real!). They said they'd try to fit us in that day if they could, but no promises. Turns out, it was ok as we needed the time to relax anyways.

First thing the next morning, a knock on the door signaled the arrival of our service-writer Angie. She efficiently listed all of my concerns and answered the questions I had about a few other things. Then I got some bad news. She said that, because it was a Holiday week, they were short-handed and would have to slip me til next week. She apologized profusely and said it was definitely not my fault, but theirs, and hoped I understood. I explained that even though the weather was perfect and we loved being in that part of Florida, our travel schedule didn't allow us to wait an extra 3 days, and so we'd have to re-schedule for sometime in the future.

She then disappeared, but came back a few minutes later with a big smile and the good news that she'd moved a few other coaches around in the line-up and we were to be next! They let us unload our day's needs, and off went our coach.

An hour or so later, a minor family medical emergency blossomed that required an immediate trip to another city about 3 hours south. I explained our predicament to the inside folks and in minutes they had us a rent-car lined-up and we were on our way, with the reassurance to not worry about our coach – they'd let us know if there were any questions and would be happy to get it all set up for us for our return late that evening. And they were true to their word.

Next day, they finished the remaining things to our complete satisfaction and we were handed back the keys with another big smile. It couldn't have been better. Having purchased 5 other new rv's and many autos in the past and getting them all worked-on at one time or another, I had been expecting a major hassle of some kind or other somewhere along the line, but the folks there were awesome in doing things promptly, courteously, efficiently and with a smile.

All in all, considering the Endeavor itself and the follow-on service I've received after the sale, I couldn't have asked for better treatment nor been happier with our purchase.

(Well, yeah I guess I could ask for better, but I'll never be able to afford a Prevost and get to find out if it is better).

Thanks,
Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote