Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2017, 08:37 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Can you look at my Bedroom Slide... and found Diesel leak

I am cleaning and checking out things as i go and i see that my Bedroom slide, the drivers side that has the bed attched to it, is leaning on one side.

I'm not sure if that's bad but that is the slide that moves slower than the rest.

Also saw what appears to be a roller, and the rubber looks offf?

Coach batteries in tomorrow, so i can't move it.

And theres a silver peice loks like a window lock that was on bottom of floor

Also, there is plastic all over bottom is that ok?

I cleaned off engine gently with simple green and hose. then i started it up and saw the drip drip. I'm worried if i mess with it before i go to coburg on next week. i will mess something up

Thanks All!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9904.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	241.9 KB
ID:	169363   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9905.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	228.9 KB
ID:	169364  

Name:	IMG_9909.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	394.1 KB
ID:	169365  

Ocean Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2017, 08:38 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
bed---> left side digging into carpet. can that be adjusted?

Right side looks like about 1/2 " above carpet

and silver door lock piece. i see where it might go but exactly where...?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_9910.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	389.5 KB
ID:	169366   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9911.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	239.9 KB
ID:	169367  

Name:	IMG_9913.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	283.4 KB
ID:	169368   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9914.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	210.8 KB
ID:	169369  

Old 07-19-2017, 08:54 PM   #3

Well without being there to analyze the situation. You may need to take the bed platform off to check bottom. Do you see and wood chips or shavings on the carpet by the low side?
Many of us had to install SS plates where the floor rollers support the bed platform. I have a full thread on this rebuild.
Can't tell on the leak issue. If it's fuel get fix quickly. Coburg is a long drive to have a fuel leak.
Also if you have bigger issues with slide Elite in Harrisburg can help. Call them now they are busy.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:06 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
The picture of the leak is the bottom of the lift pump, I just had same thing on my coach. There are 3 bolts on the top, that screw into the canister you have in the picture, the gasket between the 2 shrinks because of the low sulfer diesel we run now. I was lucky,,,for now, I was able to tighten the 3 bolts and the leak stopped, for now anyway. I will probably have to replace the lift pump at some point. Cummins has discontinued that lift pump and requires an "all new pump", and it's not cheap or easy to change on my coach.
I was able to tighten the bolts 1/8th to 1/4 turn, just snug, too tight will break the gasket and you will have a bigger leak. I could barely see the bolts from the top, and couldn't see it at all when I got the socket, extension and arm down from up above, but then I couldn't see it from the bottom until I pulled the starter off, which didn't help because I couldn't reach the bolts on the top.
Hope yours is better, some are a lot easier than mine. Cost for whole assembly is around $500.00. I bought 2 spare gaskets from Capital Volvo Trucks. 800-247-5673. cummins p/n 4928511, cummins doesn't make them anymore.
Good luck,
John G
CJScepter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 05:32 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Looks like you need to replace your slide roller. Call Cass Hudson 800-423-1511 and ask for Debbie. She is very knowledgeable and will help you.

https://casshudson.com/
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 12:06 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Boomer View Post
Well without being there to analyze the situation. You may need to take the bed platform off to check bottom. Do you see and wood chips or shavings on the carpet by the low side?
Many of us had to install SS plates where the floor rollers support the bed platform. I have a full thread on this rebuild.
Can't tell on the leak issue. If it's fuel get fix quickly. Coburg is a long drive to have a fuel leak.
Also if you have bigger issues with slide Elite in Harrisburg can help. Call them now they are busy.

Hey Booms, thanks for Elite in Harrisburg info on the bedroom slide... I was going to say something sarcastic, but not sure if the inflection would come across over text...

I would like to fiddle with that leak, and I will try 1/8 turn. If it does get worse what can i do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJScepter View Post
The picture of the leak is the bottom of the lift pump, I just had same thing on my coach. There are 3 bolts on the top, that screw into the canister you have in the picture, the gasket between the 2 shrinks because of the low sulfer diesel we run now. I was lucky,,,for now, I was able to tighten the 3 bolts and the leak stopped, for now anyway. I will probably have to replace the lift pump at some point. Cummins has discontinued that lift pump and requires an "all new pump", and it's not cheap or easy to change on my coach.
I was able to tighten the bolts 1/8th to 1/4 turn, just snug, too tight will break the gasket and you will have a bigger leak. I could barely see the bolts from the top, and couldn't see it at all when I got the socket, extension and arm down from up above, but then I couldn't see it from the bottom until I pulled the starter off, which didn't help because I couldn't reach the bolts on the top.
Hope yours is better, some are a lot easier than mine. Cost for whole assembly is around $500.00. I bought 2 spare gaskets from Capital Volvo Trucks. 800-247-5673. cummins p/n 4928511, cummins doesn't make them anymore.
Good luck,
John G
Hey John, thank you for that detailed response. I really appreciate the information. I can see a drip every few seconds. I am debating on wheher or not to go and tighten as you said, 1/8th to 1/4 turn. If I do tighten it and the flood gates open, I will be up sheez creek without a paddle.

So, are you infering with the acquisition of the 2 gaskets, that instead of buying the new part and gasket, you are going to replace just the gasket when yours starts to leak again?

Wouldn't the low sulfur affect those gaskets as well? If not that sounds like a good plan, but I thought I heard some of the design of the pump was changed to make the pump more effective... But I'm unsure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veraken View Post
Looks like you need to replace your slide roller. Call Cass Hudson 800-423-1511 and ask for Debbie. She is very knowledgeable and will help you.

https://casshudson.com/
Hey veraken that is great work, and you helped my marriage. It's 9:30 here and I asked my wife to press the "DR Slide In," button while I was looking at the roller, but she came out kicking and complaining. I thought she would be happy that I was fixing stuff, but it was too late for her, and I got an earful.

Interestingly though, It seems that there is only a small motor under the bed powering the slide in and out. I was amazed that such a small motor was powering that big slide in and out.

I can tell it's dragging on the roller side because when it's just about all the way in, the right side of the slide hits home, and the roller side kicks in about 2" and slams shut.

I'm going to go search for Boomer's Bedroom upgrade link...

Thanks Again guys !!!

Old 07-21-2017, 10:05 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I bought the gasket for short term insurance, and,,, mt lift pump is very hard to get at, I think I could change gasket on the road, but lift pump would require pulling boost hoses, pipes and intake horn. Then I'm not sure that would be all! Like I said, I'll have to get to lift pump at some point. The gasket is 14 years old so new one would work fine for awhile. The new lift pump is improved and built to work with the low sulfer diesel. It's too bad Cummins didn't upgrade the pump only, they changed the fuel block and everything so it's alot more work. I've seen a pump replacement at dodge cummins sites that looks alot the same, but no way to know if it will fit. The fuel block bolts to the engine, it has fuel lines running in and out of it and feeds the pump, which is the canister you have in the picture, held on by the 3 bolts I talked about. There are some posts on the lift pump changes here on the forum, you might search "lift pump" and see some pic's of what I am talking about.
Back to tightening the 3 bolts, I would try it, if your the kind of guy that breaks bolts and stuff, don't try. I could only get a 1/4" drive socket, with extensions, on mine and was very careful to just snug each one. The gasket won't get better, as fuel is washing by! Don't tighten first bolt too much, snug each one alittle and go over them 2 times, make sure not to tighten one bolt more than another, snug might be a better word.
Do a search, there are some good pictures that will give you an idea of what your doing.
Don't know how to put a link up, but pretty good at tightening bolts!
John G
CJScepter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, leak, slide