Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2007, 10:39 AM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Wow,we could have posted almost the exact same thing as the OP. Differences: 1. We picked up our 08 Diplomat in June. 2. Our trade in coach was a 2000 Itasca Horizon 34' which we never had the same steering issues with.

We also tried the exact same fixes as the OP. The ride height adjustment helped a pinch, but we are still experiencing the rest of the issues. Oh we did an addtional fix to try to make things better: We got a drop down receiver for hitch for our toad. That probably made the biggest difference of all. But we even have the steering issues when we are not towing.

By the way, we each drive every other day and both of us feel the steering issues and don't like them. Love the new coach, but really miss the handleing and steering of our Horizon. It was a lot less tiring. We are trying to figure out if the differences are because of the extra length, or because one was an Itasca and this is a Monaco. Anyone else gone from one manufacturer to another and noticed a big difference in steering?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2008, 07:22 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">sjholt
Posted November 29, 2007 07:43 PM Hide Post
You might consider going to an alignment shop and have 1/8" toe-in on the front wheels. That seemed to correct a lot of the wondering on my coach and does not wear the tires out as some may say.
It can be done in your drive way with a tape measure if you are mechanically inclined. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
i'm not mechanically inclined enough to do the toe-in alignment myself... i appreciate the info sharing.. my coach does seem to have a little to much play in the steering wheel.

In motion Satelite receiver, Equal Tire Balancer
Majeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:07 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">sjholt
Posted November 29, 2007 07:43 PM Hide Post
You might consider going to an alignment shop and have 1/8" toe-in on the front wheels. That seemed to correct a lot of the wondering on my coach and does not wear the tires out as some may say.
It can be done in your drive way with a tape measure if you are mechanically inclined. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>thank-you thank-you thank-you i just got my front-end aligned and the toe was negative and now it's positive by a sixteenth of an inch... drives perfect now no play in the steering wheel.... cost $83.00 caster and camber were perfect. does anybody think i should be a cheap skate and try to get monaco to pay for it..... just kidding!!!

In motion Satelite receiver, Equal Tire Balancer
Majeasy is offline   Reply With Quote