Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2017, 08:18 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by evotech View Post
Bill,

A huge thanks for digging out those pictures and for the help. My panel is exactly the same. However the tech from intellitec said that the 12V power comes in from the three pin connector at the top of the board. That harness disappears somewhere in the coach. That harness has no power. The guy said that I need to chase down why that harness does not have power.
That's where the mystery can began. I've heard it can come from different sources. It's common for Monaco to 'piggy back' it off another fuse, and of course not label it. Many have found it off the furnace fuse in the DC panel. I'm not sure where your fuses are located. I have some in the back closet and some outside under the drivers seat.

Try looking for something labeled "furnace" or similar and see if that fuse is blown. Then check all your fuses to see if any are blown.

Hopefully you'll get lucky..............
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2017, 03:58 PM   #16

If you did not find your inverter try looking in lower storage bin next to shore power plug in, it may be bolted to underside of floor, hard to see if your not looking up.

Outbound
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 04:21 PM   #17

Check the 15A fuse that supplies 12V power to the furnace. That's where the 12V EMS source is on the diagrams I have.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 06:04 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1v3fr33ord1 View Post
Check the 15A fuse that supplies 12V power to the furnace. That's where the 12V EMS source is on the diagrams I have.

I suppose that you are talking about the fuse at the fuse panel and not at the furnace correct? If so that is not how mine appears to be wired. The 3 pin harness that supplies power to the ems board does not go to my fuse panel, it disappears into the wall never to been seen again. Any chance that you could send me that diagram? Monaco told me that they could not find any schematics to help me. My email is edgoldsmith@gmail.com Thanks again for everyone's help!!!
evotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 06:44 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Hopefully that diagram will shed some light. You might try just turning on your furnace (s) and see if they work.

Occasionally Monaco hooked up the pin connection to something besides the furnace and didn't label it correctly. You many have to take each fuse out, one by one, and test.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 06:55 AM   #20

UPDATE. Problem solved. THANKS TO ALL!!!

Despite having thought that I had checked every fuse, it turns out that the furnace fuse was blown. Probably because it was way undersized. There was a 3 amp fuse there. Still a mystery about exactly how this is wired because it does not go directly from the panel to the fusebox, but whatever route it takes, it does end up at the Furnace fuse. All is good in the world today. My 3 week trip through the Northeast and Canada is back on. Leaving Saturday. Thanks to all.
evotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 11:54 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by evotech View Post
I suppose that you are talking about the fuse at the fuse panel and not at the furnace correct? If so that is not how mine appears to be wired. The 3 pin harness that supplies power to the ems board does not go to my fuse panel, it disappears into the wall never to been seen again. Any chance that you could send me that diagram? Monaco told me that they could not find any schematics to help me. My email is edgoldsmith@gmail.com Thanks again for everyone's help!!!
evotech-

I just sent you a diagram set for a 2004 Neptune, via e-mail at the address you provided.

I'm happy to hear all is working now.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
converter, monaco