Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2010, 07:03 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaball View Post
all non sealed batteries require equalizing on a regular basis. I guess some are now calling it desulfating. Either way, after you get straightened around you may want to include a battery maintainer that equalizes on demand. Doing so will greatly enhance the usefull life of any battery. Try googling "battery equalize".
Also as priviously stated, you cannot load test a dead battery.
You may want to add a battery fill system such as Flow Rite or some other brand. That will help reduce gassing and your refilling requirements.

I have never equalize our batteries, I think it is hard on them and you would need to be sure to unhook all 12 volt sys before doing so as it goes above 15 volts, what I use is the Power Pulse 12 sys

Pulsetech - ReNew-IT Pulse Technology

Do a Google and Amazon has them for $52, I use one on the 2 chassis 12 volt batt and one on the 4 house 6 volt batt
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2010, 10:22 AM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Gramps:

Am just now catching up with the answer I owed you in regards to the BIRD installation in the Holiday Rambler and Monaco UFO chassis. My coach does have the BIRD installed, however I have just purchased and about to install the Trik-L-Start in the front electrical compartment. Looks like easy install and the beauty of the Trik-L-Start is it keeps the coach batteries above 13 volts which the BIRD does not do according to the Mega RV writeup.

Best regards

Ron

UFO Chassis
Lash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:18 AM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Gramps, sorry to hear about your battery issues. I can say without a doubt that the Workhorse chassis does some really wierd things on low voltage. My dash display said things like ABS system fail, the front step would extend / retract by itself, etc... The bus doesn't like low volts.

My chassis battery died a quick death as well. Have since put on a Trik L Start and all is well.

30K miles on the machine so far and after my next hydraulic pump replacement, she should be 100% again.
coachmanrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:31 AM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I plan on ordering a Trik-l-Start myself.
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:40 AM   #33

totally agree with Walt on the equalizing of batteries.......does far more harm than good and seems to be promoted most by people who sell batteries...go figure
I have never equalized my bateries and they stil are going strong after 5 years fulltime
pipedream2 is offline   Reply With Quote