Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2021, 06:01 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sspdiesel View Post
Any diesel just not caps , need the following .

Clean fuel …key

No fuel restrictions

No return restrictions

Older engines need fuel additive for lubrication .

Water in fuel it voids all warranty on any fuel component .

Fass takes guess work out of things
Cleans fuel
Turns a vacuum system to a positive system

To answer the question will the new Cummins caps pump fail ..yes it will seen it many times , if the reason why it failed in the first place was not corrected it will fail again fast ..
Thank you

Tim
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2021, 06:20 PM   #30

Hey, I'm almost positive I used the 110 GPH? I'll look soon.
Old 12-27-2021, 06:33 PM   #31

I installed the FASS pump in place of the primary filter. "on the drivers side" I was able to use the factory bracket for the new pump. no welding required. I did have to cut it down though. used a 4 inch cut off wheel. was able to use all of the factory hoses as well for the FASS. Just had to run the return hose back to the fuel tank. I have a good fish tape. was able to pull the new hose through an existing chase. 4" pipe that ran along the frame rail. The kit return hose was not long enough. "Im used to being a little short" so i got a little practice with that experience "by my self." I think i invented new cuss words. Could not find a power source in the back of the coach that was "ignition on" that i was comfortable with, so i ran power to the fass pump from the electrical bay in front of the drivers side wheel. so i fished that through for the 3rd time. more new cuss words. Ill take a picture if you like. "Of the FASS Pump
Old 12-27-2021, 06:58 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks dale, my thought was to mount the Fass pump right at the tank and use the stock routing of hose to and from the lift pump and leave it all there. I'm thinking I should replace the stock hose because of age?? (22 yrs old) I'm full time so I need to keep this as simple as possible.

Tim
Old 12-27-2021, 07:34 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Tim
That's basically what I did, used the original fuel line from the FASS to the Injector pump. I did bypass the lift pump, capped the ports and put a union between the hose ends.

I used the original return line.

You will have to have another hose from the FASS pump to return excess fuel back to tank. Some owners report having a spare bung hole to plumb it through, other have modified the tank to accept the extra hose. I copied another post and just piggy backed my return line from the FASS onto the vent hose of the tank. Here's a picture of what I did.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tank vent.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	327.2 KB
ID:	352387  
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 06:47 AM   #34

Yea. Jim, that is what i did with the return hose also, except i could not get to the top of my fuel tank. So, i used the fill tube adapter that came with the FASS kit for my return line. This resulted in 2 return lines back to the tank. Both lines are filtered. 1 from the Fass filters and 1 from the factory fuel filter. There is many ways to do this. the main reason i can see is what Ron said. Turn the fuel system from a vacuum system to a positive pressure system. That way if you had a leak in a hose or the gasket on the lift pump, you would know.

Once again. This all seems easy sitting behind this desk with my space heater blowing softly on legs, and a fresh cup of coffee. I'm a 62 year old insurance agent. I weigh 160lb. I get my nails done for gosh sakes Go out and climb under a dirty, dark, stuck, unforgiving, thing that could kill you if it fell. Its not easy. I don't know if id tackle it again. If it were over a work pit, where you could stand up it would be a lot easier. But that was not an option. I could not get anyone to work on it in my time frame. So, I'm glad its done. Good insurance
Old 12-28-2021, 07:46 AM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Dale,
From your post no one would ever know you are an "insurance agent".

I've got a pretty strong maintenance background, mostly from the supervisory or management side, although I've turned my share of wrenches. I had numerous grievances filed on me for working but it didn't stop me.

That being said I'd think long and hard about tackling the injector pump.
Old 12-28-2021, 05:40 PM   #36

Jim, man, it was desperation at that point. I really needed the coach at times, and I could not get anyone to come look at it much less make a commitment to fix it. One of the local shops wanted a fortune to fix it. I made several mistakes along the way but didn't hurt anything. thank goodness. major victory when she fired right up. I appreciate all of your inputs along the way. I'm watching your floor project closely i need to do mine. I've been a State Farm Agent for 20 years. Presidents Club 6 times. "Presidents Club" is top 50 in America out of 20 thousand agency's. I'm a high school drop out who joined that AF at 17 because i had to go to work. I'm not ashamed of that. However, most of my breatharian can not relate to gowning up poor and working on their own stuff. I don't say anything to them about this.
Old 12-28-2021, 06:49 PM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dale1 View Post
I installed the FASS pump in place of the primary filter. "on the drivers side" I was able to use the factory bracket for the new pump. no welding required. I did have to cut it down though. used a 4 inch cut off wheel. was able to use all of the factory hoses as well for the FASS. Just had to run the return hose back to the fuel tank. I have a good fish tape. was able to pull the new hose through an existing chase. 4" pipe that ran along the frame rail. The kit return hose was not long enough. "Im used to being a little short" so i got a little practice with that experience "by my self." I think i invented new cuss words. Could not find a power source in the back of the coach that was "ignition on" that i was comfortable with, so i ran power to the fass pump from the electrical bay in front of the drivers side wheel. so i fished that through for the 3rd time. more new cuss words. Ill take a picture if you like. "Of the FASS Pump
A picture would be really nice and do you have a link for the source of the Fass pump?

Tim sorry for asking for so much.
Old 12-28-2021, 06:50 PM   #38
Saf

Banjo bolt gaskets

My Lift pump was leaking and I replaced the gasket twice and it still leaked, finally found it leaked from the banjo bolts, got some new metal washers from cummins and it's fine ever since, I always add diesel fuel additive at each fill up. 2003 Endeavor 325hp, 80,000m
Saf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 06:55 PM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saf View Post
My Lift pump was leaking and I replaced the gasket twice and it still leaked, finally found it leaked from the banjo bolts, got some new metal washers from cummins and it's fine ever since, I always add diesel fuel additive at each fill up. 2003 Endeavor 325hp, 80,000m
My lift pump doesn't leak or seep but I just had my CAPS pump fail last month.
78,000 miles

Tim
Old 12-29-2021, 09:44 AM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
Tim,
I bought mine from Parley's Diesel, cheapest I could find, free shipping, and no sales tax. Got it in 3 days after placing order.

https://www.parleysdieselperformance...mins-tsd08100g
Old 12-29-2021, 10:53 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
Tim,
I bought mine from Parley's Diesel, cheapest I could find, free shipping, and no sales tax. Got it in 3 days after placing order.

https://www.parleysdieselperformance...mins-tsd08100g

What did you have to buy that did not come with that kit?
Rob_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 03:11 PM   #42

Monaco Owners Club
UPDATE: I looked at my lift pump and it is dry all around. I have never tighten the bolts. See pictures and please be nice I'm in Quartzsite and my engine is covered in dirt. I also threw in a picture of the back of my new CAPS pump.

Tim
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	top of lift pump.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	239.7 KB
ID:	352517   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lift pump side.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	283.1 KB
ID:	352518