Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2014, 11:25 AM   #1

Carefree patio awning lock

Has anyone come up with a sure fire way of locking the Carefree Patio Awning so it can not possibly come out going down the road?

I know there is a lock available from kaw@syntheticsaves.com but he advises it will not work on the Carefree electric awning.
arby is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2014, 03:11 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by arby View Post
Has anyone come up with a sure fire way of locking the Carefree Patio Awning so it can not possibly come out going down the road?

I know there is a lock available from kaw@syntheticsaves.com but he advises it will not work on the Carefree electric awning.
I have a manual awning. I have used velcro tape, however I just replaced them with new latches. What Awning do you have?
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:33 PM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Carefree claims that wont happen to their electric awnings !!
Old 04-21-2014, 04:27 PM   #4

That's great to know 96. Maybe my awning will jump out of the trash at mile 100 picnic area in West TX and reattach itself.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:27 PM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Sorry to hear that .
Believe I read that statment on their website, but mabe it was somewhere else. It was on the WEB, so it had to be true !
Old 04-21-2014, 07:37 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Look at Save Your RV Awning with an RV Awning Travel Lock!
luckyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:20 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

The awning will not roll out as long as the motorshaft has not started to slip in the plastic end cap on the awning tube. Many of us have drill a hole through the shaft and pinned it. Read this old thread:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/awning-broke-93243.html

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:34 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

Here is the fix that I used that was posted by another member. I have 10K miles since the repair and have had no problems.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Awning Drive Repair[1].pdf (527.3 KB, 130 views)
Old 04-22-2014, 05:08 PM   #9

Thanks for all the replies............especially you Hardy. I printed out your pictures and they are now in the hands of my mobile tech. I first want to get things working again then I will order the new fabric. I got an email from a guy that is working on a protype lock for this particular awning which he plans to test this week end. Hope it works.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:39 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Even with the end cap pinned, which I did a few days ago, the awning is still only held in by the roller. Mine is a little loose at the rear and the arms ratttle and squeak going down the road.
fastcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning