Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2007, 11:57 AM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
but soon will have a pad built that will allow me to plug into 30 amp service while the coach is stored.
Les,
As long as you are having this pad and service installed, you may as well have 50 Amp service installed instead of 30. Not that much more expensive to do, and I'm sure your coach is 50 Amp service..
SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2007, 12:00 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
might even have some ducting for the forced air heating, but I'm not aware of any independent bay heater
If your coach has forced air into the cargo and Utility bays, you wouldn't have the small electric heater.. If you have what we are discussing, you will see it in the Water/sewer bay. Small, (I don't know, about 8 x 8 inch), electric heater.
SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:57 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally posted by SacsTC:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">but soon will have a pad built that will allow me to plug into 30 amp service while the coach is stored.
Les,
As long as you are having this pad and service installed, you may as well have 50 Amp service installed instead of 30. Not that much more expensive to do, and I'm sure your coach is 50 Amp service.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The coach is indeed 50 amp but I am only going to use the pad for parking between trips. I will wire the box with a 50 amp receptacle even though I will power it from an existing 30 amp disconnect box on the side of my garage. I really just want to keep from having to winterize the coach in the winter and also will run one heat pump during the summer to reduce humidity. I'd like to keep the temperature swings to a reasonable level.

Oh, and keep the batteries charged...

I've seen a few heaters with "freeze protection" settings. I would think that would work for the tanks. For inside, a small cube heater seems the way to go. Our temperatures in Tennessee are not extreme.
Les Stallings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 03:43 PM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
A Monaco techrep told me the snap disk and fuse were buried somewhere in the wire loom behind the utility panel in the service bay. I went looking, never found them. Then I took apart the heater. (mine is putty colored, black grills, only "Cargo Heat" molded on housing, no other manufacturer info) Inside was a printed circuit board and a 30 amp fuse/relay. I think the temp sensor is on the PC. Still not sure how the switch/pilot light/heater are all wired, but until it actually breaks, think I'll leave it alone.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:48 AM   #33

Help............ I pulled off the black access panel from our 2006 knight . The opening is very small. I have a big head. Cannot locate this silly snap disc. Any ideas????
mike knight 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 03:26 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by mike knight 2006:
Help............ I pulled off the black access panel from our 2006 knight . The opening is very small. I have a big head. Cannot locate this silly snap disc. Any ideas????
On our Dip it is located on the frame to the left of the opening. It is hard to reach.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 03:45 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Has anyone with the bay heater modified the bay with a heating duct from the furnace?
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 11:44 AM   #36
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
My wet bay 12 volt heater never has worked so it was on my punch list when I visited the service center in Harrisburg in June. The techs discovered the light would come on but there was no 12 volt feed to the heater. They checked everywhere but finally had to run a new 12 volt source to the switch at the EMS panel. It works now as our night time temps have dipped to 30 degrees. Mine will activate at 45 degrees and shut off at 65 degrees. The thermostat disk for mine was up above the water pump in the wet bay and was difficult to find. It was tacked to the bay wall and I had to put my head inside the compartment where the water pump is to see it. I check mine using the Coach Info on the Aladdin display.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 02:59 PM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Power light is on at EMS but have never seen 2nd light or heard/seen heater working. Have looked for but never found the snap disc. There are only 3 wires (red,black,white) attached to bay heater. Should there be more or does 1 of the 3 go to the snap disc?
Old 10-18-2008, 05:14 PM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Russo:
Have looked for but never found the snap disc.
Bob,
Here's a photo of the snap disc in our Camelot just behind the front panel of the wet bay.

CC
Old 10-19-2008, 03:03 AM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
BAD NEWS: Outside temp is 26* this morning

GOOD NEWS: 2nd red light is on and bay heater is working.

Not sure when it came on but according to remote temp sensor it's 36* in the bay. So far, at best, heater is slightly warm not red hot like some have said.

CC
Thanks, now I know what I'm looking for. Will look around later today.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:45 AM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
Manual states heater consumes about 20 amps when operating but when I checked it this morning at 7:30 the EMS only read 4 amps. Since it was not blowing hot air or even hot to the touch, is it working properly?

BTW- checked temp at 12:30. Bay was 41* and heater was not on. Outside temp/ inside MH temp is 47*
Old 10-19-2008, 08:59 AM   #41

It should pull about 20 amps DC. It should see it on your invertor panel that it is charging the batteries to keep up with the draw.

Carl
Old 10-19-2008, 11:42 AM   #42

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Russo:
Manual states heater consumes about 20 amps when operating but when I checked it this morning at 7:30 the EMS only read 4 amps. Since it was not blowing hot air or even hot to the touch, is it working properly?

BTW- checked temp at 12:30. Bay was 41* and heater was not on. Outside temp/ inside MH temp is 47*
Bob..I think I remember that mine would cycle on and off - so maybe yours was cycled off when you saw it...and it should not be on when it is 41* in the bay...

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote