Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2008, 12:25 PM   #1

Any thoughts on why my ceilings lights would be working?? I have changed the 15 amp fuse in the closet marked as ceiling lights. What else could it be?
06 Endeavor

Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2008, 12:25 PM   #2

Any thoughts on why my ceilings lights would be working?? I have changed the 15 amp fuse in the closet marked as ceiling lights. What else could it be?
06 Endeavor

Thanks
Old 07-01-2008, 01:37 PM   #3

Everything else seems to be working fine and have turned main light switch at front of coach on and off also checked each light to make sure the switches are in the one position. Not sure if related at all but lost power to gfi outlets this past weekend due to over loading the power draw I think but never popped the gfi. Took a while to find how to turn power back on but ened up popping the breaker on the inverter (not sure why I even looked there but glad I did).
Old 07-01-2008, 01:56 PM   #4

Sacs,
Was going to be one of my next steps after thinking about and looking around some more. Thinking maybe it could be a bad switch at door entry??? Not real sure how to test for that.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:34 PM   #5

Problem solved.

Learned something new today. Thought the light switch in the bedroom allowed you to control the front ceiling lights on and off. It appears if I use the switch to turn off the lights I cannot use the front entry switch until I flip the bedroom switch once again. As odd as it seems but true. Another problem solved without paying someone else to solve.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:16 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
sounds like one or more of the wires are mixed up on the switches.
cannon man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 03:36 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I would check the wiring on the bedroom switch. Sounds like the Hot common is not common or the feed to the front lights is not hardwired to the Hot common.
teddyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 03:55 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Mine operates the same as Ed S. Discovered it during the walkthru and was told it was supposed to do that. Will check the wiring as teddyu suggests.

Is the wiring diagram for coaches available on Monaco's website?
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:53 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I had the exact same problem in our 06 Endeavor. Found the problem in a plug that connects the front switch to the cabling. There is a pin in the wrong position in the plug. It is very easy to see and fix the problem. If you look at the plug you will see that one of the wires from the coach wiring goes to an empty location on the plug from the switch. You can get to the plug by removing the set of 4 switches that includes the ceiling light switch. Hope this helps.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:42 PM   #10

WOW, thanks for all the help here. I will take a look at the front switch wiring when I find some time.

Thank you very much I do appreciate your interest and comments.

Ed
Old 07-05-2008, 07:08 AM   #11

My 08 Caymen 37PDQ works by turning on and off the front ceiling light of three by the front entry switch and the bedroom switch. They do work the correct way (three way switch wiring)Then the second two turn on and off via a switch in the hall.
Here's my gripe. The ceiling fan switch is on the slide wall to the front of the room. However the bedroom light is on the opposite side of the bed at the rear of the coach. when the slide is in, you have to crawl over the bed or when it's open walk around it in the dark to turn the bedroom light on. I've tripped on that engine cover step up so many times you'd think I would learn. The switch that controls the one light in the living room you are speaking of is also back there also.

2013 Keystone Laredo 291TG TT 2011 F150 puller
Lennyzx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 07:25 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Lennyzx11...
Welcome to iRV2! I feel you have found the friendliest & most knowledgeable RV forum around. I would also like to welcome you to the Monaco Forum...we can fix you right up with a "Monaco Owners Forum Member" name tag if you ask for some "Karma Please".

you may also want to go to the "New Member Check-In" and introduce yourself!
We certainly hope you enjoy the forum as much as we do..Please visit & post often

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 09:38 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Here's my gripe. The ceiling fan switch is on the slide wall to the front of the room. However the bedroom light is on the opposite side of the bed at the rear of the coach. when the slide is in, you have to crawl over the bed or when it's open walk around it in the dark to turn the bedroom light on. I've tripped on that engine cover step up so many times you'd think I would learn. The switch that controls the one light in the living room you are speaking of is also back there also. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is why I think the design engineers are brain damaged. I'll bet there is not one woman on the design team.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 04:10 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Lennyzx11,

Welcome to iRV2.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Here's my gripe. The ceiling fan switch is on the slide wall to the front of the room. However the bedroom light is on the opposite side of the bed at the rear of the coach. when the slide is in, you have to crawl over the bed or when it's open walk around it in the dark to turn the bedroom light on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like someone goofed. On my 07 Neptune 36PDQ, the ceiling fan switch is positioned on the rear and the bedroom light is on the front wall beside the front light switch. However, my front light switch is apparently miswired because it doesn't operate like a 3 way should.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote