RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2016, 08:18 PM   #1

Center and Rear A/C quit

Hey there,

Got a little bit of a problem. The 50 amp hook up breaker tripped today and while I was asleep the No 2 and 3 air conditioner quit. We reset the 50 amp breaker but they would not come back on. I checked and reset the breakers in the bedroom for the front, rear and 3rd a/c cb. They were not tripped. I replaced a 2 amp fuse in the bedroom that controlled all 3 a/c controllers, no dice.

I have No 1 running but the others are dead. We checked the outside electric compartment by the left front tire but didn't find anything there.

Any ideas?

thanks so much

so hot Moira

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2016, 08:32 PM   #2

Are there any other outlets or appliances not working? Maybe you only have one leg of the 50 amps working. Could either be a bad breaker or transfer switch not passing power through. If both 2 and 3 a/c are on that leg they would not work. Need to check breaker box for 120 volts on both sides of the breakers.

You didn't mention, are zone 2 and zone 3 showing up on the thermostat? If so, they are turned on and calling for air? Not trying to say you don't know how to use your thermostat just trying to cover all bases.

Chad

onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 09:11 PM   #3

Yes Chad that was it. The no 1 leg was off. Rather than fool with someone's box tonight, I'll switch over to a 30 amp power and see if I can get the rear going. I'll write back to let you know if it's working.

Yes the thermostats are calling for air.
Old 07-11-2016, 09:25 PM   #4

Yup, that was it! We switched to 30 amp power source and no. 3 ac started right up! I am sure no. 2 will be fine as well. I don't want to put 2 ac 's on with only 30 amp.
Thats great I was so worried. I'll have the campground people check their 50 amp box 2morrow. Thank you so much, you're wonderful, thank you
Moira cooling off
Old 07-12-2016, 06:59 AM   #5

No problem just a lucky guess. Happened to me at a campground few years ago. Took me bout an hour to figure I only had 1 leg. Now I try to start with the simple things.

Chad
onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 03:17 PM   #6
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
That happened to us, but we were able to keep two ACs running on 30 amps. We couldn't use the microwave with the two ACs running. They gave us back one night's rent.