Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2018, 02:52 PM   #1

Changed Fuel Filters NOW ABS light on Holiday Rambler

Had all my filters including fuel filters changed and now my brake and ABS lights are on constantly. Heard that the fuel filter change could have caused this. Did they leave something unplugged ? they claim that they didn't cause the issue changing filters. 2003 8.3 Endeavor. thanks for any feedback
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2018, 05:05 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
This has been reported before when some air gets in the fuel system after a filter change.

The air in the fuel system causes some engine surging (maybe unnoticeable to you) but the ABS senses a change in traction as the driveline winds up and unwinds.

If this is the case it should sort itself out rather quickly as the air works it way out (as long as there is not an active air leak at one of the filters).
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 05:35 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
ABS light

The ABS system is a separate system from the fuel system. Look in the records that came with your coach and see if it is equipped with a WABCO ABS System. If it is the WABCO ABS system, like my coach , the Wabco control unit will set a fault code and the light will stay on until the fault is corrected. You will need to have a truck shop put their code reader on it to see where the problem is. On my coach the Wabco service port to connect the code reader is in the dash compartment behind the speedometer. Also Wabco has a good web site explaining how the system works. This site also explains how to make the Wabco unit self diagnose by making the ABS light blink in a pattern then match to the Wabco book. If the system is not a Wabco I do not have any experience with and I can not help you.
Good luck
jpweber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 06:42 AM   #4

Maybe they unplugged something to get at one of the filters and didn’t plug it back in? It’s easy thing to have happened . I broke off a sensor with my foot and didn’t notice till the dash brake light came on
gbstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 02:43 AM   #5
YC1

Try turning your batteries off and then disconnect the negative leads to reset the brains. Fuel filters can cause the symptoms.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abs, fuel, holiday rambler, light