Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2021, 12:28 PM   #15

yeah idk, The oem has straps welded to the flange. I'm pretty sure it was not a crack when that poor repair was done. More like the grand canyon you see in the pic lol. I don't want to dog someones work, It could of been a repair in the middle of nowhere with two batteries and a coat hanger to get the guy back to town idk. EIther way its getting cut off.
dimestacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2021, 02:53 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I strongly recommend you have the chassis checked out by qualified semi or rv frame repair shop to determine what is going on and if frame is still square! I think endeavors are freightliner chassis and would get an opinion from freightliner.
Highly doubt leveling jacks caused original damage, but something sure did and Id be concerned and have a talk with the seller or dealer. Best of luck.
Broncodawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 10:30 PM   #17

Yeah, the seller acted all surprised when I told them and maybe they didn't know idk. They definitely where deceitful though being my 1st rv and saying it's all good and now Im seeing that I have a project at full price. Live and learn.
Frame is fixed and I'm moving on to the million other things to do. One thing that was crazy was, that half ass fix was actually a reverse fix lol. The crossmember needed to go up and the plate they welded on was holding it down. As soon as I cut it of the crossmember went pow!! Back into place. Welded it up and she drives nice and straight.
Old 07-21-2021, 09:29 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Glad you got it fixed. There is nothing magic about the frame, it's either square or not.
Monaco purchased Holiday Rambler back in 1996, so a 2001 model will be a Roadmaster chassis.

Almost all of these coaches (both new and used) need many-many items repaired, adjusted, or updated. My initial list was several pages long.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 09:50 AM   #19

It's an endless list, always something to do but keeps the mind sharp.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 10:31 AM   #20

Chassis Damage

Can you post a better description of where the failure occurred on the frame? The pictures are great but I would like to check my frame for possible damage and need to know where to look. We have a Cayman which is not the same as yours, but frame failure has always been a concern. The Cayman chassis had a major recall of rear trailing arms which were replaced on our coach many years ago.
Thanks,
JK
John Kaehms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 12:48 PM   #21

Thanks for the input guys. Yeah I love working on stuff so I don't mind. I'm basically doing all maintenance so I know when it needs to get done again. Yeah it's a rr8r chassis.
Between this and building my k5 rock crawler my mind is definitely staying sharp lol.

Ill try to get pics but the crossmembers are basically right behind the generator and the other is above the leveling Jack's. Have a good day guys.
Old 07-21-2021, 03:43 PM   #22

Country Coach Owners Club
Make sure you have a full frame wheel alignment when
you are done. I had the RR10 chassis on my 2003 Sig repaired and welded and the rear axles needed a lot of adjustment.

Pops
Popsf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 07:39 PM   #23

Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I don’t believe that any dealer is telling the truth. Car dealer, RV dealer. Buyer Beware. I don’t believe their hype. If they have what I want, I might buy it. Based on experience, any promises of after the sale wonderfulness goes away when the check is signed. I am anxious to see your completed repairs.
spinroch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 01:50 PM   #24

First thing that comes to mind is some thick plate steel on both sides of the frame over that access hole and then steel plate welded top and bottom of the plates.

Then use some thick wall DOM round tube thick wall .250 wall thickness ran thu the plate steel plates and welded in place to route all the lines and cables ?

That would IMO be by far stronger than the original if done correctly.

Happy Trails
Old 07-22-2021, 10:46 PM   #25

That definitely would be way stronger good idea, But cutting and splicing all the wires to go though the dom would be kinda crazy.
Its welded up and I plan on making a saddle style bracket to hold it all. I'm eternabonding and dicoring the roof right now and then I'll go back to the frame. Gotta prioritize the stuff she needs. When I cad up the bracket I'll post it on here and see what you guys think.
Old 07-23-2021, 07:22 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimestacker View Post
That definitely would be way stronger good idea, But cutting and splicing all the wires to go though the dom would be kinda crazy.
Its welded up and I plan on making a saddle style bracket to hold it all. I'm eternabonding and dicoring the roof right now and then I'll go back to the frame. Gotta prioritize the stuff she needs. When I cad up the bracket I'll post it on here and see what you guys think.

Trust me you can do a waaay better than I could without a doubt ......I was just thinking out loud ( it get's me in trouble)

I seen in your pics you shared and like you thought to myself that's a lot of wire's and air line's to splice and have to work around.... but that said, if it's only wire's and air lines? Packard Weather Pak sealed connectors (not wire nuts and butt connectors that the goat herder's use to build theses rigs ) and air line splice kit might be worth the few hours to do so?

Again I'm sure you will do way better than I ..... enjoy your new coach.

Happy Trails

Tags
chassis