RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2015, 10:07 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
City water stopped

Help! 06 Sig. Plugged in at a resort. Had water coming in this morning, now no water coming in. Water pump works. Checked the hookup and has water there, but not coming into the coach. Haven't had any problems before. We've only had this coach for a few months and it's WAY too complicated. Also have problems with no heat from the furnace or aqua hot blower. Any help is appreciated. Marlaine

Racermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2015, 10:32 AM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Marlaine,

You mention no heat from the furnace so I take it as being cold where you are. Did the water hose freeze?

SafeDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:34 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racermom View Post
Help! 06 Sig. Plugged in at a resort. Had water coming in this morning, now no water coming in. Water pump works. Checked the hookup and has water there, but not coming into the coach. Haven't had any problems before. We've only had this coach for a few months and it's WAY too complicated. Also have problems with no heat from the furnace or aqua hot blower. Any help is appreciated. Marlaine

Did you fill up your fresh water tank sometime this morning? If so did you leave the tank fill valve on the tank fill position instead of moving it back to the city water position. If this is the case, you should have water pouring out of the fresh tank overflow under the coach.

If the above doesn't apply, move the valve to the tank fill position. If you can hear water entering the fresh tank, then the plumbing fittings like the check valve is function properly. Be sure to move the valve back to city water position.

If you turn on the water pump do you have water at the taps inside the coach? If you also have a problem with the fresh water pump then check your filters. It's possible for the filters to be so plugged as to stop water from passing through.

What is your outside temp? Are you trying to use your heat pumps or AquaHot furnace heat. Both are controlled by the thermostat. The heat pumps should work down into the high 30s. The AquaHot is the furnace position on the thermostat. If you have one thermostat with multiple zones then all zones on the thermostat must be set to the same function. You can't have one zone on furnace and one on heat pump. The AquaHot switches should be on. You have one electric element switch and one diesel burner switch. Either one or both should be on.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:35 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDave View Post
Marlaine,

You mention no heat from the furnace so I take it as being cold where you are. Did the water hose freeze?

Excellent call! I didn't think of that but it's happened to me.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:40 AM   #5

Are we talking no flow or restricted flow? First place I'd check would be the water filters. If they haven't been changed in a while they could be plugged. You could try removing them to see if it improves. As for the AH, check the overflow tank for coolant level to start.
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 11:20 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
also check your pressure reducer, we recently had to replace ours as the water flow was so low coming through it.
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 04:11 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
City water

Thanks everyone for the help. The water hose was frozen. Looked at the check valve and it was OK. Recent filters. I guess those weak white hoses aren't made for cold weather. (35). As for the heat, aqua heat on, furnace on. Only trying one area at a time. Blower is blowing but no hot air, only cool. No problem with having hot water. Book is no help. Called aqua hot help line but they never returned my call. I'll deal with it when we get home I guess. You guys are awesome, thank you!!:
Racermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 04:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the help. The water hose was frozen. Looked at the check valve and it was OK. Recent filters. I guess those weak white hoses aren't made for cold weather. (35). As for the heat, aqua heat on, furnace on. Only trying one area at a time. Blower is blowing but no hot air, only cool. No problem with having hot water. Book is no help. Called aqua hot help line but they never returned my call. I'll deal with it when we get home I guess. You guys are awesome, thank you!!:
Glad to hear you have water. Don't blame the hose. The best hose will freeze when the temp gets cold.
Old 11-11-2015, 04:39 PM   #9

Quote:
Read on tapping on the ah valves for each zone in the unit. If it has not been used they can stick closed and no heat to zones. You do have the diesel switch on and the electric also? The furnace should be set to a warm setting on each Zone
Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 12:04 AM   #10

Troubleshooting an Aqua-Hot can be tedious and when you are new to this system it can be very intimidating. The fact that you say you have hot water in the faucets but no heat from the radiators makes it sound like one or more of the circulating pumps may not be operating correctly.

Rather than being so cautious on one area at a time I would suggest that you turn on all the heaters you can. I would imagine that you have at least five like we do. (Actually there is an additional one in the basement area, but you do not need to consider that one at this time.) So, just turn them all on and see if you get any heat out of any of them. This also puts a drain on the heat in the Aqua-Hot and should trigger the thermostat to start the burner.

If that does not cause the diesel burner to turn on I would also suggest that you turn off the AC to the AC heater in the aqua-hot. (We had to do this on a recent trip to Canada in order to get our heater to work correctly.) Our AC is controlled in the AC breaker panel in the bedroom. Some units have a separate AC switch right next to the Diesel Burner switch. Leave it off for a couple of hours and then turn on the heater again. If this fails to trigger the burner you have issues that will require opening the aqua-hot unit and doing some trouble-shooting in the unit itself. Unless you or your husband are comfortable tracing some fuses and wiring this is probably where you need to get an Aqua-Hot tech involved.

Tags
water