Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2016, 05:59 PM   #15

what is the company in florida that does it I am looking for a referal to have it done in arizonathis fall
Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2017, 10:25 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Update on 3M Clear Bra on front of coach

After trying a multitude of recommendations I was given on this forum as well as watching some of the 100's of YouTube videos, I finally found the best, and easiest way to remove the clear film. My remedy was prompted by Tom's mention on this thread of a:

Wizzy wheel. I found a 3M Stripe Off Wheel 3M Part#: available from Amazon, 3M Stripe Off Wheel 07498, 3/8" Mandrel, 4" Diameter x 5/8" Width, Beige (Pack of 1),

It's a bit on the expensive side at $30. However, after trying one of these things it's well worth the price for removing not only decal's and striping, which is what it's designed for, but it also works wonders on the Clear Bra. Don't misunderstand, it's still a job, but much easier then trying to remove the whole thing with plastic razor blades. I've ordered a couple more, because I think it will take at least this many to do the whole front end.

It definitely works as advertised. But be careful if you decide to use it. On one spot where I was working, (a hard to reach creased section with an inside fold, I let it get a little too hot and it scorched the paint causing a couple of small chunks to peal and break away. Normally, by following the directions closely and being careful it doesn't harm the paint at all.

It looks and feels like a large gum type eraser material. But boy, does it work.

Anyway, just wanted to give an update in case anyone else runs into this mess that motorhome manufacturers created with, what I call inferior materials.
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 01:10 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Great follow-up, Bob! Thanks for a good explanation in a real-world test-case. Amazon, here I come...

I've been hacking away (literally) at the film with a wallpaper steamer & some plastic blades - maybe by this time next year I can offer some progress.
RustyTools is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 02:59 PM   #18

Hi Bob,

Google Rhino Lining. They are now spraying the front caps of RVs with Clear/Black/Brown or a matching color for your coach. I saw a display at a RV show and I was impressed. The sales tech told me that the old one does not have to be removed! They just spray over it. Good Luck
Czar Of Poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 05:20 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Bob, I found 2 styles of Wizzy wheel. One is just round, the other has a "gear" shape. Which one did you use?
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 03:32 PM   #20

I tried many methods to remove my clear 3M bra, which included using the 3M eraser wheel. My bra was left on way too long, because I tried to get it off, starting about 5 years after it was installed (installed 2004) when it started cracking. Labor intensive! So over the years I would try working on it a little bit at a time. Very frustrating. But ... Thanks Diplomat Dan! Dan's advice, from a previous older post on irv2.com of "Problems with 3m bra." Finally ended my Clear Bra Removal Nightmare, by using a 3000psi Water Pressure Washer. Viewable video at:

Thanks again Dan!
bboone is offline   Reply With Quote