Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2016, 05:00 PM   #1

Exclamation Co-Pilot Chair - Need Help!!

I originally posted a thread on this back in August-2015 (Passenger Chair not working) with little luck.

Kustom Fit High Tech Seat (Model #: 5586-2), the 6-way power function stopped working shortly after we purchased the Motorhome (04 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 38 PDQ). However the Foot Rest continues to work. After using the rig a couple of times it stopped working (completely). Long story short, the main power from the floor had become disconnected from the arrangement it was in and wire was wrapped around base of chair (the chair was turned the wrong way too many times).

So, the ground and hot wire was located and reconnected into the cannon plug connector, the only thing that worked again was the Foot Rest. I recently removed the chair from the base and inspected. To my astonishment, I can not seem to find where the power from the RV splits off to the 3 motors on the 6-way. I can trace the power all the way from floor to motor for Foot Rest and then to the Up/Down motor switch (on side of chair). But the problem is I can't physically see where the 6-Way power is connected from the RV power (floor) or split from the Foot Rest power (jumped). The 6-way switch is manufactured by ford.

My questions:
1). Anyone have drawing of this type of chair that they can send me? Called KustomFit (sold in 09) is now Villa and were very rude/douche's.
2). These chairs should use the same wiring method to bring power to Foot Rest and Power Options, right? So someone in similar situation could help me out if they have had this problem in the past.
3). How would I go about testing just the switch, whether it be Foot Rest or multi function power switch?

I have attached a photo of the chair and 6-way power switch I"m referring to in the text of this email. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Ryan K.
Texas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9042.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	119631   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9047.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	119632  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2016, 05:48 PM   #2

Jayco Owners Club
First thing I would do is see if you have 12v to the switch. If so, I would suspect the switch. Very seldom that all the motors would go out at the same time.
RWeigant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 06:53 PM   #3

RWeigant,

Thanks for the reply. The problem is that I could not see or locate where the 6-Way switch is jumped from the 12V supply so I could check all the connectors along the way. When I disconnect cannon plugs that are related to the 6-Way (not Foot Rest) I find no power.
Old 02-23-2016, 01:58 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Not exactly the same seat but perhaps this will help.

https://www.mediafire.com/?3w5h0028htj16iq

Tags
need help