Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2012, 07:48 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Jim, you were right!!!! I just had to start looking from the correct perspective!!! But in my defense I will point out that it was buried under the air intake tubing which I had to rearrange to get the posted photo. The governor looks new ( as compared to the engine photo which demonstrates how everything in Arizona gets covered with a fine layer of dust!!!) I have no problems getting a new governor as a spare could come in handy, but when I now idle the coach the pressure holds at 130. So I guess my question is, do governors die dead-dead when the go, or do they linger; OK one day, bad the next day till they eventually go???? Also thinking to replace the air dryer ( which is completely by-passed now, before I attack another part) What say you all?? Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0377.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	430.4 KB
ID:	21095   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0365.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	444.4 KB
ID:	21096  

aRVowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2012, 08:46 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
If the governor is not hooked up it no way to tell if its bad, is the 1/4 plastic sending line hooked to the bypass fitting and make sure its one of the 3 lines going to the governor, the governor is simple to take apart and clean but as cheap as they are might be better to just change. Be sure to mark the lines.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:41 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Hey All, Here's so great info I got from Walt in a PM as we were working the air dryer. I'm swapping out the Halidex for a Wabco

FROM Walt
"""Yes Paul it is repairable and you will need the DQ6020 and DQ6026 kits and use soap and water. For the governor, look on the passenger rear on the frame by the engine door it should be there it will have a little plastic cap like a Mexican hat covering the adjust screw.
After you find out how much it cost for the parts to rebuild the dryer, have a look at Raney's Truck Parts - Chrome Semi Truck Parts & Accessories you can get a Meritor Wabco R955205 for 189.95 with free ship but be sure to order the pig tail for the heater then it will only cost around $30 for a desiccant filter change about every 2 yrs.""""

GREAT INFO, THANKS WALT!!!!
Old 05-13-2012, 06:42 PM   #18

Outdoors RV Owners Club
In your picture, it sure does look like that governor has been changed. However, it may never have been adjusted. I can see the big black rubber plug on the end of it. That pries off. Under it you will see the adjusting screw. It has a locknut on it. Put a screwdriver in the end of the screw, and use a wrench to loosen the locknut. Turn the screw in clockwise 1/2 a turn and tighten the locknut. That should lower the air pressure a little. Start the engine and see how high the air pressure goes. You may have to pump the brakes a few times to lower the air pressure enough to get the air compressor pumping. You probably don't want the air pressure any higher than 130psi. You may have to repeat this procedure a few times until you have the governor adjusted to the pressure you want.

As you pump the brakes to lower the air pressure, the governor should kick in at about 90psi, and the pressure should build to about 130psi. Mine actually kicks in at 95-100psi, builds to 133psi, settling to 130psi in half a minute or so.
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:10 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Jim...Good point...I'll give it a try and we'll see what happens!!