Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2010, 10:52 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Coach Power Solenoid on 95 Beaver

Currently in Williston, ND and no battery power, have to run generator/shore power. Since I was previously a licensed industrial electrician and have coach schematics, did my own troubleshooting. Batteries are good, but have 12.6 vdc on one side of "coach power solenoid" and 7.6 vdc on the other side and all the way to DC panel. Have not pulled out solenoid yet as it is located above batteries and I currently at friends farm.

Trying to read small print on schematic, but it looks like it reads 200 amp. We have a 95 Beaver and are wondering if they have this solenoid at NAPAs', is it special order, do rv dealers stock these, do big truck repair shops have them? In other words, where do we acquire one and does anybody have the specs handy?

Also posted this on BAC forum, thinking one or the other would have answer.

Thank you....Mike
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2010, 11:28 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
You could try Mega RV Parts, thats where I bought my extra one or NAPA should have something to get you going. A boat supply house should also have something that works.

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:30 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Innkeeper.....I think this is what you're looking for. You should be able to find this part at local Napa or truck repair.

Trombetta 114-1211-020 DC Contactor
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:08 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
That is a latching contactor...you might try taking it apart. Clean, file contacts, lube the pivot point with high temp silicone grease. Several folks have had good success with this. Mostly the pivot point gets dry and cruddy. Fifteen years is prety good service!
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:03 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Why not just jump it with a jumper cable until you can replace it.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:18 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
http://www.intellitec.com/PDF/5300507.100.pdf

I knew I had this somewhere....good luck!
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:09 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Wow, overwhelmed with this response, everyone a workable solution and the correct drawing of my component to boot. NAPA options that will work also. Had a heavy duty jumper if needed, but running generator was temporary fix. Will work on the repair as now in a campground for two months and on shorepower.

Sorry for a slow response as had Even Brake issues that cost us about 8 hours time and were resolved by Even Brake/Camping World, Rogers, Minnesota going above and beyond.

Thanks....Mike
Old 08-18-2010, 09:02 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Smile

Thanks to all, I will be pulling it Saturday am, there is a place about a mile away that I can order it through.

Mike
Old 08-21-2010, 10:43 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Pulled the relay out this am and it is identical to the battery isolator relay. Found it on Ebay:

PAC-200 PAC200 Amp High Current Battery Isolator Relay - eBay (item 200502902774 end time Aug-28-10 17:38:42 PDT)

Pac-Audio.com Product Details | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future

This specs out at 200 amp continuous and matches the original Beaver specs. Know I could
have spliced the two leads together, but trying to keep original.

Thanks to all!

Mike