RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #1
Member
 
2006camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Abbotsford, BC, Canada
Posts: 83
Compressor Air

Hello Fellow Coach OWNERS.
We are in the process of purchasing a 2006 Camelot PAQ, and looking forward to this new experience -----------have had Campers, Trailers, 5th's, A's, and C's; now a Diesel Pusher.
Since the Coach in question is "out of town", one of the current questions I have is related to onboard Air Supply.
Does the Compressor/Storage Tank have an outlet to which one can attach an air line/hose to inflate, for example, tires, etc.?
If this was/is not a Factory installation, has anyone added (how complex) this feature to his/her Coach?
Thanks for your hints/suggestions/answers.
Rudyhttp://www.irv2.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
2006camelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2012, 04:40 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
nodine's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Knoxville, TN, USA
Posts: 3,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006camelot View Post
Hello Fellow Coach OWNERS.
We are in the process of purchasing a 2006 Camelot PAQ, and looking forward to this new experience -----------have had Campers, Trailers, 5th's, A's, and C's; now a Diesel Pusher.
Since the Coach in question is "out of town", one of the current questions I have is related to onboard Air Supply.
Does the Compressor/Storage Tank have an outlet to which one can attach an air line/hose to inflate, for example, tires, etc.?
If this was/is not a Factory installation, has anyone added (how complex) this feature to his/her Coach?
Thanks for your hints/suggestions/answers.
Rudyhttp://www.irv2.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
Yes there is a connection for an air hose. It is usually up front on the passenger side of the fire wall. There are two connections, one is for the tow truck to pump up your air bags and release your parking brake and the other is utility air. This air source does not work well for 105 lbs on the front tires unless the engine is running and the air is at full pressure. I carry a small air compressor because they work so much better than the coach air and you don't have to have the engine running.

Bob
__________________
Bob and Pam
2006 Diplomat 40PDQ
2020 Chevy Sonic
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:42 PM   #3
Member
 
2006camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Abbotsford, BC, Canada
Posts: 83
Thanks nodine.
I'll check it out (location), and consider the portable you're suggesting.
2006camelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:00 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Mr_D's Avatar
 
Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 37,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post
Yes there is a connection for an air hose. It is usually up front on the passenger side of the fire wall. There are two connections, one is for the tow truck to pump up your air bags and release your parking brake and the other is utility air. This air source does not work well for 105 lbs on the front tires unless the engine is running and the air is at full pressure. I carry a small air compressor because they work so much better than the coach air and you don't have to have the engine running.

Bob
On both our DSDP's there has only been one connection for both uses. Personally I carry a small tanked air compressor as the onboard air usually has a low cut in point of 85-90 psi and my tires need more. Just takes too long with the onboard air. Now, if you want to aid air to a car or bike tire it works fine.
__________________
2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft, HWH Active Air
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '14 Jeep JKU Dragon Edition
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:00 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Robi.1014's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 921
I thought I'd add to Bob's input...

Our on-board air system can indeed provide 100 to 105 pounds of air pressure. Topping off our rig's tires or that of the toad? OK.

But the volume (flow rate) of the air is not capable of running pneumatic tools (air ratchet, lug-nut impact wrench, stuff like that).
__________________
Robi & Dale ---- Go Navy ----
2016 Winnie TOUR 42'
Tow: '08 Buick Lucerne
Robi.1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:02 AM   #6
Member
 
2006camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Abbotsford, BC, Canada
Posts: 83
Thanks Mr D., and Robi
Seems the onboard compressor may be "marginal" at best.
Decisions!
Hey ---------- those are neat Toads in your signature line, Robi.
I have a couple of "collectors" too --------'39 Chevy, and '64 Riviera, but I don't think I'll attach 'em to the MH.
2006camelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:26 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
nodine's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Knoxville, TN, USA
Posts: 3,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006camelot View Post
Thanks Mr D., and Robi
Seems the onboard compressor may be "marginal" at best.
Decisions!
Hey ---------- those are neat Toads in your signature line, Robi.
I have a couple of "collectors" too --------'39 Chevy, and '64 Riviera, but I don't think I'll attach 'em to the MH.
This is the one I carry in the coach:
Craftsman 1.5 Gallon Portable Air Compressor with Hose and 8PC Accessory Kit - Tools - Air Compressors & Air Tools - Air Compressors

I have a 30 gallon air compressor in the garage with a large electric motor, but this little baby works so well I find myself getting it out of the coach for pumping up tires around the house.

Bob
__________________
Bob and Pam
2006 Diplomat 40PDQ
2020 Chevy Sonic
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:05 AM   #8
Community Administrator
 
CLIFFTALL's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 42,705
X2 on the Craftsman.
__________________


Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:55 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
sdennislee's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7,462
See post 26 in this thread http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/what...ml#post1014784. The onboard compressor handles the 105 to 110 psi I use in my front tires without an issue. The low pressure cut is not an issue.
__________________
US Navy Vet, Liberty Tree Member of Oath Keepers, NRA & VFW Life Member, Alaska EMT.
2009 Safari Cheetah 40 SKQ
2009 Winnebago Chalet 231CR
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #10
Senior Member/RVM #90
 
MSHappyCampers's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Columbus, MS
Posts: 43,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
See post 26 in this thread http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/what...ml#post1014784. The onboard compressor handles the 105 to 110 psi I use in my front tires without an issue. The low pressure cut is not an issue.
This works great and you don't have to buy a portable compressor! I built the adapter just like the video shows, NOT the fancier version described in the post, and have been very happy with it. You can drain down the air in the system to make the compressor turn on by partially removing the air chuck to bleed the air. This is easier than having someone pump the brakes!
__________________
Joe & Annette
Sometimes I sits and thinks, sometimes I just sits.....
2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #11
Registered User


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,198
I carry a 50' air hose with standard male and female quick connects in the basement. Used it this weekend to fill a soft tire on my jeep, piece of cake. I've thought about getting a portable compressor, but the need has been so seldom over the 4 years I've been camping in the motorhome that it just doesn't seem worth the space and expense. (just MHO, of course.)
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:53 AM   #12
Member
 
2006camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Abbotsford, BC, Canada
Posts: 83
Thanks to sdennislee, for your Video, and all you others for comments/experiences shared.
Once we take possession of the Monaco, I think I'll build the hose/guage combo similar to the one suggested in the Video. Looks like it should do the job.
2006camelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:19 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
sdennislee's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006camelot View Post
Thanks to sdennislee, for your Video, and all you others for comments/experiences shared.
Once we take possession of the Monaco, I think I'll build the hose/guage combo similar to the one suggested in the Video. Looks like it should do the job.
If you need any help just let me know.
__________________
US Navy Vet, Liberty Tree Member of Oath Keepers, NRA & VFW Life Member, Alaska EMT.
2009 Safari Cheetah 40 SKQ
2009 Winnebago Chalet 231CR
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
compressor



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.