Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2014, 10:01 AM   #1

Connecting to city water

HELLO ALL
I asked this question earlier but maybe I was not very clear. How do I get city water direct to my coach? I have a 2007 Dynasty. When I twist the knob to the right it says city water off, when I twist to left it says fresh water fill. Does not make sense.

I tried to twist to city water off and I get tank water. When to the left it fills the tank. What do I do?
JeffreyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2014, 10:56 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Maybe this will help. http://www.monacocoach.com/staticfil...ll_dynasty.pdf
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 03:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyG View Post
HELLO ALL
I asked this question earlier but maybe I was not very clear. How do I get city water direct to my coach? I have a 2007 Dynasty. When I twist the knob to the right it says city water off, when I twist to left it says fresh water fill. Does not make sense.

I tried to twist to city water off and I get tank water. When to the left it fills the tank. What do I do?
What knob are you twisting? This Beaver does not have any knob to twist, there is a handle to switch the tank flush from gray to black but no knobs. Take a pic of your wet bay and post it so we can see what you are talking about.
Lee0920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:58 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
When in the city water off position, have you tried running the sink inside the motorhome with the water hose connected?
I believe the label means. City water - tank fill off.
Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:19 AM   #5
FJJ

JeffreyG
I have the same twist valve on my 2006 Dynasty. After connecting a water hose to your coach, when the valve is turned to the water fill position, it fills the fresh water tank. When twisted the other way it is in the city water position that supplies water to all the plumbing fixtures in your motorhome while you are camping. That's all there is to that valve.
FJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJJ View Post
JeffreyG
I have the same twist valve on my 2006 Dynasty. After connecting a water hose to your coach, when the valve is turned to the water fill position, it fills the fresh water tank. When twisted the other way it is in the city water position that supplies water to all the plumbing fixtures in your motorhome while you are camping. That's all there is to that valve.
Same here with our Safari...
I carry a water pressure gauge with me and always ck the pressure on the spigot before hooking up. Home Depot, I believe, garden hose fitting. I do have a Valterra adj regulator. Just run some water through your hook up hose before hooking it to the coach water inlet. Once hooked up and faucet on, you may select water fill but if you leave the valve alone, go inside and run your kitchen sink faucet, you should be good to go. In my owners manual it says if city water pressure is low you may also turn on water pump.
Now if you have water pump on and turn the valve to fill your water tank you will hear the water pump run and run and run.
On ours the city water the valve is at 12 noon, kinda. I turn it counter-clockwise to about 9 to fill the water tank and of course pump off.
road glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:58 PM   #7

city water hook up

Thank you for your assistance and concern. This is the reason we are in this forum. People really care here. Ok, I am still experiencing the tsame problem. When I fill the tank the next thing I do is twist the valve about five turns to "city water Off". I still have the issue of using tank water. I have filled my tank to 98% and still use tank water. I am not receiving city water direct. I use about twenty gallons of tank water daily. I do not get it. I called Monaco techs and they said "wow, that should not be happening"duh, no kidding, I do not need to be a tech to figure that one out. Then he tells me that perhaps my entire system is plumbed all wrong and I should have it plumbed. I have only 43K on this coach and for the most part has been sitting in a climate controlled garage. I doubt seriously that the plumbing is fouled. I am leaning towards operator error. I sure would like to understand what it is that I am doing wrong. This valve thing has got me stumped. It says tank fill on one side and city water off on the other. When do I get city water direct and what must I do to obtain it?
JeffreyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 05:47 PM   #8

Hi!The fresh water holding tank/fresh water supply valve is normally a ball valve that is either in the vertical or horizontal position. When I fill the fresh water storage tank I position the valve in the horizontal position. To bypass the storage tank I place the valve in the vertical position .... This is a 1/4 turn of the valve, not 5 turns as you have described.... ? The valve handle that I am describing is straight handle not like a typical faucet handle that you would turn multiple times.

Like some one previously stated ... Include a photo of your outside utility panel and I am sure some one will get you fix up.

Bill
Black Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:56 PM   #9
FJJ

Jeffrey
I would hazard a guess that your valve may be bad. You can purchase a replacement at any hardware store. Don't listen to the ones talking about a quarter turn valve. Not everyone has the same set up. Anyway I have the same valve you do and it sounds like it needs to be replaced. Let me know.
Jay
FJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:06 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJJ View Post
Jeffrey
I would hazard a guess that your valve may be bad. You can purchase a replacement at any hardware store. Don't listen to the ones talking about a quarter turn valve. Not everyone has the same set up. Anyway I have the same valve you do and it sounds like it needs to be replaced. Let me know.
Jay
I agree that the valve may be bad. 1/4 or 1/2 turn valve as previously mentioned is usually how it works. It's either fill the tank or run off city water (no pump needed for water pressure). If you are turning more than that then there is a problem...
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water