Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2015, 02:51 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Coolant Hose Question

Our MH is a 2008 HR Vacationer XL DP with the 340HP 6.7L Cummins engine and the rear radiator setup. We are the second owners of this coach. We bought it in September 2013 with 14,000 miles on it and we have added roughly 6,000 miles to that. On our last long trip last year, we had a problem with the coolant hose which runs from the coolant overflow tank to a "T" near the bottom of the engine. We had to have that replaced at truck stop and now I want to replace the rest of the coolant hoses before we start our trips this summer because they look to be the original hoses. I called Monaco and they gave me part numbers for the 90 degree hoses and a part number for the straight hose but said I needed to measure my hoses to determine how much straight hose is needed.

I have looked in the engine compartment and have only found three straight hoses (6", 8", and 11") all near the bottom of the engine compartment. Two of those hoses connect on the passenger side of the coach from the radiator to an "S" shaped pipe (runs through the frame) and then goes to what looks like possibly a transmission oil cooler. A 90 degree bend hose is used on the coach side of the transmission cooler and the other 90 degree bend hose attaches the driver side of the transmission cooler to the "T" I mentioned earlier. The third straight hose seems to attach from the "T" to the engine block. My gut tells me there should be at least one hose near the top of the radiator. Does anyone have a diagram of the coolant system or can tell me what hoses I need to order? Am I missing something?

Thanks. ----- Jim
Geaux Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2015, 11:06 PM   #2

For one thing Jim, you will be far better$$$ off buying the straight hose from a heavy duty truck dealer instead of the RV OEM. Gates brand hoses are made to last for many years. If the 90 degree hoses are the same diameter on both ends the same dealer should have those also. If you are concerned about longevity you might consider silicone radiator hose. Quite pricy but will last a million miles. Can't help with the possible hidden hoses.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 04-05-2015, 07:26 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I had my "coolant" hose replaced by Monaco Service Center in Coburg with a hose I purchased at a commercial hose supplier also located in Coburg. It is heavy duty used for high temperature engine exhaust on boats. The original was a left over hose from the Monaco bankruptcy date on hose was a couple of years before Navistar purchased the assets of Monaco. Sanford PS is rotted and leaked coolant by the stainless steel hose clamp by the "T".
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote