Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2021, 08:04 PM   #1

Coolant Level Sensor 2008 Camelot 42 PDQ

I just replaced my coolant surge tank with a metal one. While taking the coolant level sensor out of the old plastic tank, the sensor broke off leaving just the two metal prongs sticking out. I bought a new sensor, part #ATP PBT-GP30 from Advance Truck Parts. Installed it thinking all would be fine but the ECM threw a code and my dash warning light came on. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, checked the fluid level, checked the plug etc but no luck. Still showing a code. I purchased a second sensor from Advance Truck Parts, part #ATP 2872769, and installed it. Same result. The ECM threw a code indicating a problem with the coolant level. I then put the prongs from the old sensor in bottle full of water and plugged it in. No code and the RV thinks all is fine. All three sensors look identical except the original one has white plastic where the plug goes in. The other two have black plastic where the plug goes in.

Can anyone tell me what the correct sensor is? The old sensor is a Casco 700679002 I believe but those have supposedly been updated to the 2872769. Cummins says it a chassis issue so they were no help. Any suggestions on right part number and source? The Camelot has a 400 ISL Cummins.
Kamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2021, 10:35 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I was led to believe this Ford sensor is correct.

XC4Z-10D968-AA

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 07:16 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycarz View Post
I was led to believe this Ford sensor is correct.

XC4Z-10D968-AA

This is the sensor that I installed when I installed a new surge tank but I installed a nylon type tank. In my case I have the Kysor low coolant alarm which requires a ground to chassis to work using the coolant to close the loop so that if it drops below the sensor the alarm goes off. In my case I had a one wire sensor. The Ford sensor is 2 prong so I just connected 2 wires to the prongs and then spliced them together and connected to the one wire going to the Kysor alarm.

Here is a link to Veurinks that supply all the parts for a plastic or metal type including the sensors. They offer a 3 wire sensor. Not sure what your problem is if you are using a 3 wire sensor, maybe someone else can help.
https://shop.findmyrvparts.com/searc...h=tank&Submit=
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 09:47 AM   #4

The original sensor is a 3 wire sensor. One wire carries 5 volts from the ECM. The second wire sends a signal back to the ECM. The third wire is a ground supplied by the ECM.

Harry, not sure if the Ford part number is a 2 wire or 3 wire but I need a 3 wire sensor. The Ford part looks very similar to the original sensor. I tried Veurinks but they are out of stock. I was hoping to not have to pay REV their high markup so haven't called them yet. Would love to find a local source in the Vancouver, WA area as we are leaving on a trip in a few days. Hate to think I have to tape my old sensor to a water bottle to fool my ECM.
Kamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 07:34 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
The Ford sensor is a 2 wire but the original coolant level sensor on my coach was a one wire that inserted into the top of the tank and went down far enough into the coolant. So when I replaced my tank the Ford sensor was inserted into the side about 1/3 from the bottom just made my own harness, two wire to one that then connected to the original signal wire.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote