Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-15-2018, 07:58 PM   #1

Coolant Temp sensor

Hi all. I need to change out the coolant temp sensor on my 96 Dynasty. Does anyone know who makes the sensor? It is the one on the header block that I believe is installed by Monaco, Not the one on the engine block. The wire broke off and I cannot loosen the nut to fix. Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2018, 04:15 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoMarc95 View Post
Hi all. I need to change out the coolant temp sensor on my 96 Dynasty. Does anyone know who makes the sensor? It is the one on the header block that I believe is installed by Monaco, Not the one on the engine block. The wire broke off and I cannot loosen the nut to fix. Thanks
Try soaking the nut for a few days with something PB Blaster. Also if there is a terminal on the sensor you might be able to pry open the end that receives the wire and get the old piece of wire out. Then solder a new short piece of wire to the terminal and connect that to the original wire. Slide heat shrink up the wire before soldering to push back down and cover the exposed wire after the soldering is complete.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 06:00 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
This sensor was used on my Beaver/Monaco (for dash gauge - not the one for engine ECU), but my coach is a few years newer - so it may not be the same.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 08:05 PM   #4

I will try and get a picture of it tomorrow. It actually looks like a cap nut but open on the end. On top of the threads looks to have place for an Allen wrench to hold it so that you can remove nut. However, it looks stripped and the entire threaded post just spins.