Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-30-2015, 10:50 AM   #1

Cosmetic ceiling patch for crank up sat.

Replaced the crank up winegard satellite dish with a used sk-3005 automatic dish. Of course still have the hole and plate from the crank up dish, located in between the 2 captain chairs on the ceiling. Anyone have any creative ideas how to "patch" this. Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2015, 11:00 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am about to do the same thing you have done, and I found this as a possible solution.
IC630EBDWH | ShowMeCables.com

Also, here is a blank triple gang switch.

http://www.kyleswitchplates.com/trip...switch-plates/
Old 11-30-2015, 01:41 PM   #3

On my 06 Beaver PT when I replaced the air antenna had the same crank hole in the middle of the ceiling, took a round disc large enough to cover the spot and covered it with some of the same material as the ceiling that I was able to salvage from the ceiling of one of the very front compartments that does not show. Tried gluing it up but would not stay, so I used a couple of screws with snap buttons covered with the same material. Don't even notice it now and have never had anybody else mention it while in the coach.
Lee0920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 02:32 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
There was a recent post where someone found a led puck light that fit into the hole, they were able to pull a wire to operate it so it gave an additional light up front. Looked pretty good.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 03:48 PM   #5

Thanks for the replys. Went and took another look at it. The Winegard plate has left a 8"x6" tear shaped waffled impression in the material. Since I have a speaker/grill over each of the captain chairs and the speaker grills are approx. 7" I am leaning towards the speaker grill as being the best option so far. Anyone know where to get the matching speaker grill from that era? Sorry I didn't take a pic. Thanks
Old 11-30-2015, 03:53 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Speaker grills are cheap - just buy three from amazon that match and fit

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...er+grill&ajr=0
Old 11-30-2015, 03:58 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A new CO2 alarm perhaps? Some colored epoxy to neatly plug the holes.

Or some fancy RV seam tape to match your current ceiling, (available at RV repair shops in small pieces so that they can cover up screw holes and old antenna crank installations).
BeachDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 01:54 PM   #8

Just to follow up, I did find seller mhuizen on Ebay that had what appeared to be the exact same speaker grills as the oem. I ordered 1 at $9. including shipping. They do appear to be exactly the same except the new one is slightly whiter than the existing (I'm sure they've discolored a little over time). I've ordered a second one and will replace the 2 in the bedroom, one of which is slightly damaged and use the good one up front to match the existing 2. I think this will be an excellent solution. Thanks for the ideas, I especially liked the light idea but wasn't sure whether the impressions in the padding would go away and the speaker grill almost covers it all.
Old 12-10-2015, 02:27 PM   #9

And because no thread is complete without a picture, here ya go.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1210151547a.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	209.2 KB
ID:	113848  
Old 12-10-2015, 05:26 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
That's right - pics or it didn't happen

But now we can't tell which is the old and new

that's how good of a job you did !

Tags