Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2014, 12:16 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Cummins engine access

Is there a way to service cummins from the rear on a 2007 holiday rambler vacationer? I just uncovered mine a new to me rv and the only access I can find is in the bedroom floor.
Thanks
Wrinkles
wrinkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2014, 01:44 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
You could remove the radiator, inner cooler, and transmission cooler. OR, you can get to the sides of the engine from underneath and the top from under the floor or bed. Check for removable panels in closets.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:09 AM   #3

Welcome to the 'world of rear radiators'! Working on our engines can/is a real pain in the back side. I was surprised to find that our current MH has little access to the engine compartment, other the a small access panel in the bedroom. There is room to work from the under side, but when you want to clean the engine, you will get wet. I have looked at some MH's with a side radiator and how much room they have to access the engine, WOW!
R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:19 PM   #4

I purposely passed on the HR's that had the the bedroom slide out for the exact same reason of engine access.

Without the rear slide out, you have a very nice and large fiberglass engine cover under the bed.

The only issue with this layout is your gut gets beat up on the bed's perimeter base when working.

I've been thinking of a way to make that base quickly removable. Not sure how that would go.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:42 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
We have the same problem on our 2004 diplomat,but i am finding out that the radiator size on the rear ,seams to be bigger than a side one .Better engine cooling? We only have 23000 miles on ours so had not had to work on it yet.Knock on wood.I did pull the 2 floor panels and found i can get to most of the parts ,it is a pain ,but this is what we got so we will have to work with it.
tagcat
tagcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:03 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Bolt View Post
I purposely passed on the HR's that had the the bedroom slide out for the exact same reason of engine access.

Without the rear slide out, you have a very nice and large fiberglass engine cover under the bed.

The only issue with this layout is your gut gets beat up on the bed's perimeter base when working.

I've been thinking of a way to make that base quickly removable. Not sure how that would go.
I have a 2003 38N bounder with a bead room slide. I can't figure out what you see as a problem. You run the slide OUT and raise the bead and part of the bead frame comes out pull up the floor access panel and the floor in the closet and I have clear access from the radiator to the top of the transmission. No bead base in the way when working.
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDEBILL308 View Post
I have a 2003 38N bounder with a bead room slide. I can't figure out what you see as a problem. You run the slide OUT and raise the bead and part of the bead frame comes out pull up the floor access panel and the floor in the closet and I have clear access from the radiator to the top of the transmission. No bead base in the way when working.
Bill
Was meaning HR's, not Fleetwoods.
Old 08-24-2014, 11:29 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Is there a way to service cummins from the rear on a 2007 holiday rambler vacationer? I just uncovered mine a new to me rv and the only access I can find is in the bedroom floor
Fuel water separator filter from compartment behind rear wheels driver side. Other fuel filter is accessed from the right side behind rear wheel from under coach.... long reach and your head will be up in there...... or someone else's head oil filter from below as well but easier access.
serpentine belt replacement ..... ( just did it )..... crawl under... it will look impossible and insane but dooable.............. would be nice if the rad hinged out of the way.........
georgetown350 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cummins, holiday rambler