Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2021, 06:19 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Cut Windows for Bunks added to Rear Closet - 2007 Monaco S-Series

Hi Folks,

I'm upsizing from a 35' 2015 Thor DP to, hopefully, Monaco / HR / Beaver Tag Axle, either a 43' or 45'. I've reduced the choices to two coaches for sale that have a full width rear closet that intend to turn into bunk beds. Both are 2007s - one a Monaco Dynasty Palace III 43' and the Other is a Beaver Marquis 45'.

I have an oddball question, in case anyone knows or can share a chassis / wall schematic, if it is possible to cut small windows on the road side (the curb side has a 12 wiring panel in both) that would provide light / ventilation into the closed area. Not sure if there is bracing or if anyone has an idea on how to figure it out. Can I get drawings from Monaco?

This forum has been unbelievably valuable in learning about RVs, I have never had to post but have benefitted unbelievable amounts from the information here. So thank you all in advance and hope to pay it forward once I have a Monaco to speak of.

Best,
Anand
anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2021, 08:26 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I am sure you would like either one of those coaches. The answer to your question on windows should be yes, but you probably won't know until you have one in your yard. On a cool damp morning you should be able to see the dew on the outside wall of the coach where there is wood and fiberglass. Where the metal framing is located will not have dew or moisture on it. The Dynasty will have a steel frame and you could map it out with a magnet also, not sure on the Beaver but would expect it to be steel also if it is on the S chassis. Just a couple of suggestions. Hope this may help, Happy Trails Bert
Old 03-02-2021, 07:06 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Thanks, Bert. Do you know if structural drawings are available? Will REV provide?
anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 07:27 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Here is a link to the 2007 Dynasty brochure. It has a picture showing the structure of the chassis.

https://www.monacocoach.com/resource...60_brc_pdf.pdf
In this case it appears that the steel tubing may allow for a window on the passenger side but not the drivers side. I have a brochure for the 2007 Beaver Marque that is just the opposite, the passenger side has a cross member design while the drivers side is vertical.

But these are just general drawings and probably change based on the actual floor plan as to slide placement etc.

You may try and reach out the Monaco technical support but you'd need a specific make/model with the production number.

If you can find a rig close to you it might be worth a trip to see if you can determine if there is steel members that would prevent the installation of the window.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 09:18 AM   #5

anand,

I would be surprised if anyone at Rev knows anything about the S series Road-master chassis but there are some RV repair/parts companies that do. Also some folks here that have amazing history and knowledge on the coaches.

Finding an actual blue print of your specific chassis might be a challenge?
The dew and magnet is probably your best bet unless some of the Guru's on here see this and have some info.
Old 03-02-2021, 09:58 AM   #6

Kind of scary cutting in windows, I'm sure you can do it but not for the faint of heart.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 12:20 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
For the Beaver Marquis, it will depend on the model year. Monaco purchased Safari in 2002 and with it came Beaver. Monaco gradually merged manufacturing and moved Beaver assembly to Coburg OR in 2006. I would expect a 2007 Beaver Marquis to be mostly Monaco/Roadmaster except for the Cat engine.

It's going to come down to using a powerful magnet, dew on the walls, and maybe a stud finder. Then drill small exploratory holes to find out for sure.

I've seen several bunk conversions, but they installed ventilation fans and openings into the main coach instead of adding outside windows.

I've also seen a booth dinette that converts into children's beds.

Villa International makes an RV couch that converts into a queen size air mattress.
There are lots of options out there.
vito.a is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
2007, monaco, rear, wind, window