Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2018, 05:00 PM   #1

dash 12 volt power port

I have a 2007 Monaco Camelot. The dash power port has gone dead. I am sure that it is simply a bad fuse but darned if I can find it. Tried tracing the wires but I came to a dead end. I am ready to simply cut it off and attach it to some other 12 volt line but would prefer to fix it right.
cndondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2018, 05:03 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Do you have a large fuse bank in the outside compartment under the driver's seat? Thats where most of my fuses are for the 12volt system.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 05:28 PM   #3

12 volt power port

The power panel is in the bedroom closet and all the fuses are good.
Old 07-08-2018, 05:51 PM   #4

Welcome to iRV2!

As “sdennislee” says, you may find a box in the driver side front storage bay. When you open that box,a label on the inside of the cover should tell you which fuse supplied power to the 12V socket. By the drawing I have, it would be fuse F54, a 15A fuse in the upper left of the row of fuses st the top.
l1v3fr33ord1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 06:11 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cndondi View Post
The power panel is in the bedroom closet and all the fuses are good.
I have multiple panels, the one in the outside storage on my coach has something like 40 fuses and relays. The 12 volt panel inside the coach has maybe 10. The panel inside the coach on mine is for things like ceiling lights etc.. house type stuff. The one in the outside storage bay is for things like radio, windshield wipers, turn signals, headlights, power ports, etc.... chassis type stuff.

While you may not have one outside in the same location, I'm willing to bet you have more than one 12v fuse bank. Maybe up under the dash.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 06:20 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
The 12v cigarette lighter port fuse is definitely in the Front Run Bay (FRB). The FRB is just under the drivers feet and accessed with one of the large barrel keys from the outside.
Ours also went out a few months back and the fuse was difficult to locate because a large wire connector was just above it. Our fuse is on board 12 fuse 4.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/12v-...ml#post4111198
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 06:30 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club

Glad to have you here in the forum with us. You're gonna like it here.

Looks like you have he answer for the fuse.

Happy Trails!!!
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 07:00 PM   #8

Okay guys I found the panel outside on the drivers side. A couple of fuses were bad but replacing did not fix the problem. There is a second power port down on the floor that is working fine so I'll just wire down to it. On a side note while looking at the fuse panel in the bedroom I found a panel in the closet above the water heater. There are three arrays that say 10 channel multiplex with lots of fuses. Any idea what this is ?
Old 07-08-2018, 07:27 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cndondi View Post
There are three arrays that say 10 channel multiplex with lots of fuses. Any idea what this is ?
That is your multiplex lighting system. It controls all of the lighting and usually the fans.
Captjake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 01:40 PM   #10

Okay guys I am embarrassed to have to say the problem was not a problem. I forgot that coaches have 2 electrical systems the coach and the chassis. Some things that you would think are coach are indeed chassis. The Monaco seems to have a lot of parasitic drain on the coach batteries and overtime when parked (even when plugged into shore power) the chassis batteries become drained. I was aware of this and even purchased a Black and Decker conditioning system on the advice from others on this site just had never got around to installing it. It is now installed. But at any rate there was no power to the 12 volts plug because the chassis batteries were dead. My face is red but thanks to my fellow RV's who helped and I now know more about my units electrical system for the next real problem

Tags
12 volt, dash, power