RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2017, 04:56 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Arby49, check the fuse in the rear panel. It may be freon, but could be fuse for clutch.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2017, 05:30 PM   #16

Thanks ken bauer and ivykrewe. I was thinking of adding Freon myself if I determine the compressor and everything is running correctly. I had a car mechanic buddy with gauges that will help me if I would ask. I do hate to bother him but will. I'm not even sure where to add Freon at. I bought my coach new in 07 and the a/c has been perfect until now. Whereabouts would the fuse in the rear run panel be? In where there are several engine relays and just a few fuses in the back storage compartment beside engine?

Thanks again for all help. Sorry to OP, didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Chad
onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 06:51 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captjake1 View Post
Lol...I found the same thing a few weeks ago....

Like the rear engine bay, when doing rear bedroom carpet, I found last year the front firewall had ALL kind of leaks, ( when I had fitting leaks fixed on A/C hoses). Remove your over dash cover, then pull open or use your switch to open generator compartment (jealous).
Then place bright light by front of gen. compartment pointing towards front firewall, then slowly close gen compartment, go inside look for light, that's where you reseal, especially were Monaco used the expansion foam.
It help a lot, also most a/c repair folks will have the black sticky stuff that goes around the evap, lines, etc into box. Mine was falling apart.
Then check your air blend doors, make sure they are working correctly per position of dash switch.
Hope you get her fix without spending a ton of dough, don't ask me how I know.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:39 PM   #18

Thanks everyone. Adding Freon sounds easy enough, but like onechaddude, not sure exactly which line to put it into. I would assume the blue line, but everyone knows what happens when you assume.
Arby49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:43 PM   #19
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Dash A/C not cooling

Yes, blue or low pressure side located close to the evaporator. Red high pressure is actually a larger fitting. Blue will not fit onto red so can't make a mistake.
Do not over fill. Too much will yield poor cooling performance.
R-134A systems like the fill level just right. Too much or too little and performance suffers.

Wash your Hands, Wear a Mask, Social Distance
Spk64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:44 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby49 View Post
Thanks everyone. Adding Freon sounds easy enough, but like onechaddude, not sure exactly which line to put it into. I would assume the blue line, but everyone knows what happens when you assume.
Pretty sure it will be Buried somewhere in the front of the Coach - not easy to get to. The fitting will allow you to attach the hose from the Freon nozzle, should be able to recognize it.

Best of Luck,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:47 PM   #21

They are located in the front. The system shouldn't take more than 4-5lbs from completely empty.
Old 05-29-2017, 03:24 PM   #22

Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Is the condenser fan turning on when air is on. It's the big fan on the front side of the radiator looking thing under front of the coach. They don't last forever especially so close to road. Mine quit working after sitting all winter. Undid the plug and made sure I had 12v which I did. Plugged it back in and low and behold it started working again
My AC is back
toyzforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 03:49 PM   #23

When I purchased my coach, a 1998, in 2011 the dash air wasn't working. I added a can of R134A and it's worked fine ever since. I run the dash air for 15-20 minutes every time I take it out of storage even if it's cold outside. If you don't run it regularly the seals will dry out and the freon will leak out. Something else to think about is the heater. I had to replace the heater core (not an easy job) because of a leak. The shop that rebuilt the core said you need to run the heater on hot setting long enough to move the radiator fluid through the hoses. If you don't the fluid doesn't move through the core and can cause corrosion leading to leaks.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:38 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyzforme View Post
Is the condenser fan turning on when air is on. It's the big fan on the front side of the radiator looking thing under front of the coach. They don't last forever especially so close to road. Mine quit working after sitting all winter. Undid the plug and made sure I had 12v which I did. Plugged it back in and low and behold it started working again
My AC is back
Funny you commented toyzforme. I finally got a chance to check my a/c today. Compressor clutch engages and keeps engaged and turns fine. The fan behind the condenser spins and blows air correctly. I'm thinking at this point I'm low on Freon. I'm gonna try to get my buddy over with gauges and see what I've got. I'll add a can if he says it needs and hopefully run a sniffer over everything I can reach to see if I have a leak. Maybe I'm just low on Freon as the unit is almost 11 years old.

Chad
onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:09 PM   #25

Still haven't fixed the problem, but now have a plan. Thanks everyone for your help. I will put Freon in as soon as it quits raining.
Arby49 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooling, dash