Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2017, 05:09 PM   #1

Dash ac/heat fan doesn't work.

Hello our new to us 2000 dynasty dash ac/heat blower motor does not run. I checked the fuse on the drivers side that is good. Suggestions on where to check.
Cdr151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2017, 06:22 PM   #2

Hi Cdr151; Has the blower worked at all since you have had the coach? By any chance do you not have a position selected for air direction, as in floor, vent, a/c, defrost etc. If the selector is pointed straight up, which is off, you will not get any blower operation no matter what speed you select. If that is not the problem and you say the fuse is good, I would inspect the blower speed resistor pack. It is located on top of the air plenum. Run your generator out all the way on the slide. Looking in the generator compartment up to your left you will see a large black cover. On top of that cover you should see a wire harness going to the top, it's way up on top. That is your resistor pack. It is held in by two small screws. When it goes out you usually have high speed on the blower only. You can jump the terminals to see if you can get the blower to work. If that does not work, your blower motor might be dead. Also a possibility that the fan speed switch on the dash is bad or has become disconnected behind the switch. Some places for you to get started to see if you can find the problem. Good luck and let us know what the fix was.
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 06:44 PM   #3

Hi no it hasn't worked since we got the rv. I did have the vent selector on and the fan speed in different positions still nothing.
Old 05-07-2017, 06:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.3Oilbuner View Post
Hi Cdr151; Has the blower worked at all since you have had the coach? By any chance do you not have a position selected for air direction, as in floor, vent, a/c, defrost etc. If the selector is pointed straight up, which is off, you will not get any blower operation no matter what speed you select. If that is not the problem and you say the fuse is good, I would inspect the blower speed resistor pack. It is located on top of the air plenum. Run your generator out all the way on the slide. Looking in the generator compartment up to your left you will see a large black cover. On top of that cover you should see a wire harness going to the top, it's way up on top. That is your resistor pack. It is held in by two small screws. When it goes out you usually have high speed on the blower only. You can jump the terminals to see if you can get the blower to work. If that does not work, your blower motor might be dead. Also a possibility that the fan speed switch on the dash is bad or has become disconnected behind the switch. Some places for you to get started to see if you can find the problem. Good luck and let us know what the fix was.
Also if it's my blower motor how do I get to it ? If I don't have high speed would the resistor still be bad?
Old 05-07-2017, 09:13 PM   #5

Good evening Cdr151; To answer your questions. First I would unplug the wire harness to the resistor pack and get a multi- meter and see if you can get any 12V reading from the plug, I think it has 3 or 4 connections. It is possible that the fuse able heat link has burnt out and you could possible get no power through the resistor pack. All of the ones I have replaced have had the low speed coils go bad. It would be a really good place to start. If you have power there, could be the blower motor. Search in this form and there are a lot of posts on replacing the blower motor. I think there was one about a month ago. Hope it is not that as some are a real pain to replace. Also check the switch on the dash also. Could be bad or become disconnected from back of switch. Keep us informed on how it goes. Good luck.
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:40 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
If your HVAC system is fridgeAir, the fan in all probability is under the dash in front of the passenger seat. I have an 02 Diplomat that the fan became dislodged from the fan motor shaft. I had to remove the center console and the screws that held the dash directly above the heater, etc. when you do this you will have to cut a piece of 2x4 block to wedge the dash{hold it up) up so as to access the blower etc directly in front of the passenger seat. I bought an air driven 3/8 wrench to loosen the screws. Works much better than a ratchet. The space to work in is about 8 inches high. It is tight so put on your patience and good luck. By the way, these instructions came from the Monaco Techs of yester-year out in Oregon.
Having said all of this, I hope and pray that you find a fuse that is out before you jump into this job. Take care David.
Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:59 PM   #7

Blower motor

My blower motor was blowing the fuse it was in the side door main fuse panel airconditioner # 25

Monaco Knight 30 PBD Allison 3000
buxtonworks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, fan, heat