Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2019, 08:50 AM   #1

Dash AC hose repair

Well today I found out where the freon has been leaking on my dash AC. The line going into the compressor has a tiny hole in the crimp flange. Is there possibly a solution other than running a new 40' hose? Maybe some sort of portable crimping device?
mlh2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2019, 09:15 AM   #2

You can replace just the end they make a hose end that uses a clamp similar to a hose clamp
mccrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 09:30 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I just lived through this , fortunately it was a warranty repair .
15 hours to R & R the low side hose on my Freightliner chassis (Fleetwood RV)

The fitting at the compressor had been improperly installed at the Freightliner factory damaging the fitting and the compressor so both had to be replaced.

The Freightliner dealer was great and I imagine if there was any alternative to replacing the entire hose they would have chosen that route.

As it was the hose was on national backorder so they had one made for my rig at a local facility that makes ac and hydraulic hoses.
petewolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 09:32 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
mccrob is correct , I have seen low side hose fittings that are on with a screw clamp.
I don't know why my repair wasn't made with one of those.
petewolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 10:08 AM   #5

The fittings connect to the rubber hose with what they call a beadlock fitting. The trick is to find a portable beadlock crimper. I had to replace the 90 degree fitting going into the bottom of the condenser. I used something similar to the following

https://www.eaton.com/Eaton/Products...clip/index.htm

There are also connectors called quick clip.
Ret Syntst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 10:26 AM   #6

This is what I used --- got it at Amazon for about 150.00---- 2 years and over 7000 miles ---low side hose at compressor!
Old 06-22-2019, 11:02 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret Syntst View Post
The fittings connect to the rubber hose with what they call a beadlock fitting. The trick is to find a portable beadlock crimper. I had to replace the 90 degree fitting going into the bottom of the condenser. I used something similar to the following

https://www.eaton.com/Eaton/Products...clip/index.htm

There are also connectors called quick clip.
I like the ease of this EZclip, I watched the video and it seems simple. I wonder if it is compatible with the hose I already have?
Old 06-22-2019, 11:04 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 426smartin View Post
This is what I used --- got it at Amazon for about 150.00---- 2 years and over 7000 miles ---low side hose at compressor!
Thanks for the information, I may have to go this route, It would be cheaper and easier than replacing the entire hose.
Old 06-22-2019, 11:07 AM   #9

Thanks to all who have replied, y'all have given me some great ideas. Now I got to figure out my best option,glad to know there are alternatives to replacing the entire hose.
Old 06-22-2019, 02:41 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Mark, I'm also interested if the EZ clip fitting fits the original hose.
One of the hose B-nut fittings on my compressor has damaged threads. It looks just like acid ate up the threads. It is holding okay now, but...
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 02:58 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
Mark, I'm also interested if the EZ clip fitting fits the original hose.
One of the hose B-nut fittings on my compressor has damaged threads. It looks just like acid ate up the threads. It is holding okay now, but...
I found a dealer about 40 miles away but they are closed today. I'll give them a call Monday and talk with them and see if it is compatible with my ac hose. It sounds like it might be a easy way to go. Mine is leaking on the high side. I tried to find the answer on their website to no avail.
Old 06-23-2019, 06:21 AM   #12

If you will take a look I thing all the fittings you will find they all have that little hole. It is probably is bad hose and coming apart inside the hose. you will find little shreds of hose in the system be sure and clean especially the condenser. be there and done that
jim
06 exec
bigjim8499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 09:58 AM   #13

Jim, are you saying the tiny hole I saw the dye coming out of on the flange is suppose to be there?
Old 06-24-2019, 06:46 AM   #14

yes if you look at a new fitting you will see them. i think you are wasting your time trying to just replace the hose end. i did that twice. you can take the hose off the condenser ans see if there is any small rubber pieces. it seemed that was where they went on mine. i cut about 2 ft of hose off and split it open to find the problem
jim 06 exec
bigjim8499 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, dash, repair