Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2009, 11:19 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Dash Air and Cruise Control Problem

10:00pm Sunday night, kids just left. DW, our 4 yr old granddaughter, and myself decided to go to favorite state park and spend the day..... about 150 miles from here. Hooked up the toad, started the engine to check all lights, etc. Turned the dash air switch on..... no air. Turned all switches off and then back on...... everything came on fine..... cold air. Turned the motor off and helped DW and small GD finish loading the coach. Everything ready to go..... started the motor and no dash air. Ok.... no big deal. We were already running the gen/air so I thought I would check it out in the morning. Off we went. Got out on the highway and ran the coach up to about 60 m/h and turned on the cruise control. No cruise. This was serious...... first, no dash air..... second, no cruise. I was now worried because I could lose my head lights and I sure didn't want that. I decided to scrub the trip, turned around (at this time we were about 15 miles from home) and came back home.

I parked in front of the house to hook up to my 50 amp plug on the side of my garage. I had stopped about 2 ft short, so I got in the coach, started the motor to pull up the 2 ft, and my dash air came on. I also mashed the cruise control switch and it came on. ?????????? I turned the motor off, waited about 5 minutes and turned the key on and the dash air and the cruise control came on. I did this again but waited about 10 minutes, started the motor and everything worked again. ????????

I'm sorry to take so long to get to the question, but I wanted to give you some background.

Question: Anyone have any ideas and/or has anything like this happened to you? If so, how did you correct it?

Thanks..... I appreciate your input. It is now 12:15 am Monday morning.

Becker
becker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2009, 04:44 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
My first thought would be the ignition switch. That would be the only link between the air and cruise. Check all the connections, and the next time it happens try and move the key around without shutting off the engine and see if it helps. Just a thought!
Our Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:20 AM   #3
JFC

Monaco Owners Club
Not exactly the same problem, but driving from SF to LA two weeks ago dash air fan suddenly quit. Ran gen and roof airs for duration of trip.

I first e-mailed HR technical help at their web site. E-mailed late in the evening and they called the next morning with some suggestions and then e-mailed a wiring diagram for the fan circuits. Hand another question and e-mailed them again and they answered within an hour.

In my case, I checked all the fuses for the fan I could find and checked the connections to the fan and swtch, and all seemed OK. I gave up and took coach to the service facitlity that takes care of it. They checked all the same things I did and using the wiring diagram Monaco sent, pullled the dash. Turns out a connector for dash fan deep in the wiring of the dash had worked loose. Reconnected and put on a zip tie and problem solved.

I'm not sure if there is any wiring connection between the fan/AC and the cruise control, but I'd start with an e-mail to Monaco Technical support.

Hope this helps and I hope the problem is as simple as mine was.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:25 AM   #4

I have had a similar problem in a 1994 Winni on a Chevy Chasis. The problem was with a relay in the dash for the Air Conditioner Fan. I replaced it, but it still gets hot if I run the AC on high Fan. The relay is near the other fuzes in the drivers area. Good Luck, Dave
Dave wi 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:45 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Update on the Dash/Air and Cruise Control problem......

7:00 am and I was in the camper to check the two problems. Put the key in the ignition and turned it on. Both the dash/air and cruise control worked fine.

9:00 am started out to our state park. To make a long story short, both items worked perfectly all day. The trip was 175 miles and we stopped several places including several hours at the state park.

Our Time..... It could have very well have been in the ignition switch. The switch is a little loose in it's socket which shouln't make that much difference since the connections are inside the key switch proper. I just don't know. ??????

TFC..... I got under the dash and looked around. I didn't do anything, simply because I didn't know what I was looking for. Your contribution to the solution is I am e-mailing Monaco requesting a full electrical diagram of my coach. When I get that I will isolate all three switches and go from there. Anything will be a improvement over what I know now.

Dave wi 33...... When I was under the dash I tried to follow the wires but I didn't "see" anything. It could have staring me in the face and I would not have recognized it. My door steps connection on the key switch was so loose it could have fallen off at any time. I mashed the sides of the connection closer together and pushed it back onto the spade. It now fits very tight.

Thanks you guys for your input. It was very helpful. After I get my schematic on the electrical, I will be much smarter.

Thanks again.

Becker
Old 07-06-2009, 07:12 PM   #6

Appalachian Campers
I'd suspect either the ignition switch or one of the relays. Apparently a common circuit between the two so someone with a wiring diagram should be able to track it down fairly easily.
sknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:00 PM   #7
rex

Monaco Owners Club
Becker, what year and model coach do you have?

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:07 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Rex.....

It is a 08 Monaco Dynasty. Toad is a 08 Honda CR-V.

Sorry.

Becker