Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2021, 04:34 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to Garygas172
Dash oil pressure guage

We’ve purchased recently a 2003 Holiday Rambler Imperial by Monaco,been working out a few of age related items ,I need to replace my dash engine oil pressure gauge not having any luck locating one.Any one have any info on locating parts for the Monaco line of coaches would greatly appreciate it
Garygas172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2021, 05:04 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
My gauges are Beede, the oil pressure number is 945257 based on the parts page for my coach. You might search their website and see if you can find something that would work.
https://fariabeede.com/2-pages/prod_...dGauge=2_press
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 05:54 PM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
How do you know you need a new gage?
Usually the problem is the sender (switch?) or connections.

Cummins issued Service Bulletin 3377931 1/27-06 (attached) to replace the sender with a switch.
I don't know how many may have actually done this. So your coach may not be what the manual says.
Old 10-17-2021, 06:32 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Our oil pressure gauge did not work also. I found VDO sending unit number 360 023 fits it.
This sending unit has two outputs, one for the light and one for the gauge.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/11490730876...IAAOSwcNpg~nVt
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 11:01 AM   #5

Sorry I forgot to mention that I replaced the sending unit.The gauge is pinned all the way over to the right.Also I’m trying to locate a replacement key pad for the keyless entry,which I disconnected so I could get into my basement compartments ,electrical problems are so much fun NOT!!!.Appreciate the response,momma and I just joined the realm of full time after years of camping from tents,pop up, travel trailers,3 motor homes,which I’ve done all the work on them,and still learning. Garygas172.2003 Holiday Rambler Imperial,dollying 2014 Equinox LTZ
Old 10-18-2021, 11:20 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Do you know which keyless system you have, Essex or Trimark.

I have the Essex, but the original keypad is obsolete but you can use this as a replacement, the opening my have to be enlarged slightly.
https://www.a1electric.com/essex/KE-1701.htm
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 11:37 AM   #7

The keyless system is an Essex,I’m seriously contemplating bypassing and putting in a 2 way switch for the basement door locks.The key fobs still work with the entrance doors,I just need to be able to lock an unlock basement doors.
Old 10-18-2021, 05:09 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
This is a link to a thread on replacing the Essex keyless entry:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/help...ad-361586.html

A1 Electric in Torrance CA has the KE-1701BHC keypad with the original Monaco connector. This makes it easy to repair.

When you replaced the oil pressure sending unit, is there a chance you swapped the warning light and dash gauge wires?
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 01:48 PM   #9

watching

Very interested in following this thread. I purchased a 2002 Dynasty last December from Parkway RV in Ringold, Ga. They ordered a new oil pressure guage for me to install (mistake #1) and shipped it to me, as the original guage was pegged at max. I installed the new guage, and now it is pegged at max also. I am assuming it is the sending unit, but have not had any luck getting consistent info regarding the location of the unit, or any part number. The coach has a Cummins 400 HP ISL.
tmorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 06:53 AM   #10

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmorrow View Post
Very interested in following this thread. I purchased a 2002 Dynasty last December from Parkway RV in Ringold, Ga. They ordered a new oil pressure guage for me to install (mistake #1) and shipped it to me, as the original guage was pegged at max. I installed the new guage, and now it is pegged at max also. I am assuming it is the sending unit, but have not had any luck getting consistent info regarding the location of the unit, or any part number. The coach has a Cummins 400 HP ISL.

You can create an account at Cummins QuickServe if you can locate/read the engine data plate. https://quickserve.cummins.com/info/index.html
There is lots of info including engine diagrams.

Attached pics to get you started. If yours is anything like mine, I can't even see the darn thing unless a lot of the hoses & other stuff is taken out of the way first.

Note, the QuickServe shows the engine as it was built. The chassis/coach builder has most likely relocated the fuel filter etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Engine data plate location.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	347514   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cummins ISL 400 curbside view and components.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	347515  

Old 10-29-2021, 06:59 AM   #11

Pegged oil pressure guage

Good morning tmorrow ,I haven’t been back under coach,but getting ready to break camp here for the up coming weekend with the kids and grandkids,and if I can remember to I will take a pic of oil sensor location as I check on my own.Plus I’m getting ready to install baseplate and set up for flat towing the equinox instead of dollying
Old 10-30-2021, 07:13 PM   #12

Just replaced my sending unit and it extinguished a warning light I'd been chasing for a month. Strange thing, I was still getting oil pressure readings the whole time. Never experienced a failure. Picked up the intemitten failure on an OBDii scan reader that has an adapter cable for diesels. Sender is located below the ECU and above te starter. You'll need a 1 1/16 deep drive socket and a short extension to remove it. The O'reilly part number is PS406. Has a lifetime warranty. There is a scan tool connector under my dash and another in the back near the radiator. The connector in the back picks up a lot more engine info. If changing the sender doesn't repair your problem, call the manufacturer of your gauges. Beede's tech assist was extremely helpful un helping me diagnose a fuel gauge problem I previously had.
rganders is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash