Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Dash Panel Replacement ***UPDATE***

I'm starting a new thread regarding the dash panel repalcement so that the thread stays on top for awhile.

As promised, I checked on getting new panel inserts from Proto Fab for the older Monaco's. Proto Fab had originally told me that they couldn't sell the panels as it would be a conflict with Monaco. I checked with Monaco figuring they wouldn't offer the panels for older coaches...... I was wrong. Monaco will still sell you the panels. I asked for some ballpark prices. The largest dash panel is about $300.00. The left side driver's panel is abot $150.00. I'm guessing to replace them all will be somewhere in the neighborhood of about $600 - $700.

The panels would be identical to the ones you currently have in terms of material/color. They also told me that there is a number on the back of each panel that identifies it, but they could order new ones without the number. The order takes about 3-4 weeks.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2012, 08:41 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
For me, this is good news. I have been operating under the impression that the dash parts are not available from Monaco, and the original manufacturer of the parts was defunct.

So, I can phone Monaco, and they will supply the parts! ? !

Thanks Don,

What's the phone #?
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:19 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
jimkate.....I should have added that Monaco used a couple of manufacturers. Proto Fab is the only one still in business. I don't know how far back they can make the panels. I'm probably going to order mine shortly. If you can get the numbers off the back, even better. I don't want to pull the panels, so I may use a camera probe and see if I can see the numbers.

Just call Monaco parts with your coach ID number and they will tell you if they can order your panels.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:52 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Does that mean I bookmarked www.custominstrumentpanels.com for nothing
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:04 AM   #5
YC1

Hal, That is a great find. I saved the web page. My entry panel has broken corners. I want to have a new one made but have it a bit larger so the corners hold up.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:57 AM   #6
rex

Monaco Owners Club
Just a note on panels for different year coaches. I replaced my original 2001 Diplomat panel with a 2003 Diplomat panel because of the location of the rear view monitor. I think the outside shape is the same for many years for both the dash and side panel.

Don if you remove the screws for the side panel and lift it up just a bit you may see the numbers. Mine were on a paper tag but the dash was engraved in the back and were large numbers.

Check with Northwest supply. I know they have lots of panels and will offer a better price.

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:02 AM   #7

Thats great news. Thank you for your efforts.

Cory P.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:30 AM   #8

Recently I called Monaco about a switch for our 2002 Signature. They told me to contact the panel manufacture "Actia" Bus & Coach 574-264-2373.

If I were replacing panels, I would NOT put the same inferior panels right back in the coach, even if they were free. I'd build, or have built, good panels. But that's just me?
Old 10-17-2012, 07:17 PM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestarace View Post
If I were replacing panels, I would NOT put the same inferior panels right back in the coach, even if they were free. I'd build, or have built, good panels. But that's just me?
That's kind of where I've been in my thinking, too. I've been wondering about making dash panels from wood or aluminum. Only reason it hasn't happened is a) I'm dreading the job b) it's far down on the list of things to do.
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:24 PM   #10
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Dash Panel Prices

I got my quote today for replacing all 7 dash panels. SIT DOWN!

The total was $840.00 + shipping (shipping price is unknown).

The panel alongside the driver's leg is about $115.00, main dash was $337.00. The other panels were all about $115.00, except the two small ones on the passenger side were $52.00 each.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:48 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diplomat Don View Post
I got my quote today for replacing all 7 dash panels. SIT DOWN!

The total was $840.00 + shipping (shipping price is unknown).

The panel alongside the driver's leg is about $115.00, main dash was $337.00. The other panels were all about $115.00, except the two small ones on the passenger side were $52.00 each.
Is this from Monaco? What are the dash panels made of? If not from Monaco can you spec radio size Din vs double Din? TIA
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:29 AM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
I would strip and paint or cover in carbon fiber/kevlar before paying out for the new ones....
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:21 AM   #13

All, I agree with lonestarace in that I would not pay anywhere close to this amount of money for these thin plastic panels that break and are probably as old as the cracked and broken panel I have. I contacted a manufacturer of panels that will make them one off and was told that if I wanted to know how much it would cost that they would not know that until I sent them my dash panel so they could measure and see how many fixtures it had on the back. I did not think this was unreasonable but I assumed it would be quite expensive and decided not to pursue this option. I think I will buy a piece of 1/8" aluminum and make it myself.The side panel I think would easier to make but the main panel would need to be bent to fit and I don't own a brake to bend it at this time. I may try to get it bent where I used to work. If I were still working I could have made one of these in a few hours. George
Old 10-31-2012, 09:10 AM   #14

DIY ideas:

polished aluminum diamond plate, anodized or powder coated to whatever color your heart desires.

or

Wood(maple, walnut, oak, etc) that matches your cabinets

Tags
dash, replacement