Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2017, 11:34 AM   #15

Send a message via AIM to 67fisher Send a message via MSN to 67fisher Send a message via Yahoo to 67fisher
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIceKing View Post
So I cannot seem to get my factory installed radio to work. I have tried to ascertain if the "source selector" is bad or if the radio itself is bad, however I cannot seem to get any music to play through the coach speaker system (6 speakers). When I turn the radio on or off, an audible beeping can be heard through the speaker above the drivers seat, however I cannot seem to get any music to play when I have a CD in the radio. I'v tried bypassing the source selector, and still cannot get any music to play through the coach speakers.

So I believe it could be a bad radio. Either way, the radio is old technology that I wish to upgrade anyways so that I can get bluetooth hands free technology.

The question is this, I want AM/FM capability and only have 2 TV systems, so what is the best type system to go with? What have others done as far as audio upgrades? I'm trying to keep the system simple with average to above average sound quality.
I know this is not applicable now...but you and I have the same coaches. 2001 Endeavor 38PBD. My factory installed dash radio is a Sony DX1200. I only have 4 speakers for mine. 2 in front in the overhead and 2 in the rear bedroom. You said you have 6? My factory installed Sony Home Theater system mounted in the left side overhead above the drivers chair has 6 speakers. 3 mounted in the overhead in the front and 2 in the kitchen/dining are. The 6th is a sub-woofer behind what used to be the J-seat. I'm assuming by now you have solved this issue?
67fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2017, 07:37 AM   #16

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
67Fisher,

Actually I have not solved the issue yet, but hope to do so this week as my new Kenwood HD Media Player https://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KMB...M-BT518HD.html is arriving today. I plan to install it so that the front 4 speakers are wired to the Front Fader and the 2 bedroom speakers are wired to the Rear Fader, with a separate subwoofer mounted in the base cabinet beneath the shink area (not near any water lines). I hope this solves the issue for me.

I did not need a CD player (old technology) or a DVD player in the radio as the definition output from an audio player to a HD TV would be crappy at best. I will just stream direct to the TV from a laptop or cell when wanting to watch movies, etc.

Hoping for a positive outcome here..
Old 03-13-2017, 11:48 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
IceKing,

I think you are headed in the right direction. If you are restricted to a single DIN unit, that looks like a very nice one. That receiver should not only resolve your problem, but also give you a lot of nice capabilities that you didn't have before. Hope the installation goes smoothly for you.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 11:45 AM   #18

Hi Robin,

I was wondering what monitor that is? I like that idea. I have the same model Dip.
markmcc1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 12:58 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
That one was made by Emerson , but I do know that it's no longer available. When I purchased it, I was just looking for a small monitor with an RCA input. I purchased that one because it came with a mounting pedestal. I probably found it on Amazon or eBay. There should be similar ones available.

There is more information about it, and how I hooked it up , in the 2007 Diplomat link below in my signature.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:58 PM   #20

Turns out the Sony radio was bad. Got the new Kenwood installed today and new speakers on the way (since original speakers were 16 years old and dry-rotted). But radio worked great until we turned up the bass which blew the dry-rotted speaker cones to dust. I have 6 new Rockford Fosgate 6.5" 3-way speakers being delivered on Friday so all will be good for the maiden campoing trip to Hatteras, NC the weekend of March 24th.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:02 AM   #21

UPDATE- The new Kenwood HD Radio/Digital Music receiver is in and working perfect. I complimented it with six (6) new Rockford Fosgate 3-way speakers in the ceiling so the tunes are clear and loud (when needed). All good and ready to hit the road this Thursday!
Old 03-20-2017, 12:13 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Good to hear. Have a safe and fun trip.
Old 07-07-2017, 12:10 PM   #23

Follow-up! Ugh

So the electrical gremlin has returned to the radio. With everything connected properly, when on bumpy roads, the radio goes in and out due to what sounds like a "short" in the wiring. Then of course, the radio detects this and to protect itself, it shuts off any sound, requiring the radio to be powered off and than back on.

Unfortunately, this also occurs when I open and close the entry door as well...which leads me to think it is a grounding issue.

I will be investigating that soon.

However when the Kenwood does work, it ROCKS!

Tags
ace, dash, radio, replace, replacement