RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2009, 12:56 PM   #1
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Dash Switches

I recently had the Entry Step rocker switch go bad near the front door. Actually, only the light inside the switch went bad, but I wanted to replace it. I went to my local dealer hoping they would have some of the switches (they do carry all of the rocker switch covers). They didn't, but said they would order me one directly from the supplier since Monaco wouldn't respond. I waited two weeks and checked to see if the switch was in. They said the supplier was not responding to orders.

Sooooo......I called MonacoMama's favorite place, Northwest RV Supply, and they still had switches available. What was really surprised me was the price. My dealer quoted $27.00 when I initially oredered the switch. Northwest had them for $7.00 / $10.00 depending on the style. I decided to buy the switches I use most often and bought two Entry, two Radio, two 12v Disconnects and one Exhaust brake. I figure those will last me a few years.

Anyone looking to stockpile a few, Monaco changed the switch style in 2006. My 2005 has the rectangular rocker cover with bumps across the top of the switch and the newer versions are rectangular with a kinda of rounded sides.

Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2009, 02:16 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
When I got my RV I found the steering wheel was the wrong size (It was the custom delux version from Workhorse about 350 bucks) the wheel blocked my view of an important part of the dash.

The smaller standard wheel would have done the same thing

The supplier of the Delux wheel is a company called VIP (Vehicle Improvement Products) and ...... They made me a custom hand made one far as I know one of a kind.

I was a tad worried as I gave them my credit card number. I mean the production wheel sells for 350 so how much is a custom job? $127 on my doorstep

Old 03-17-2009, 09:14 PM   #3

Don, I also had a switch light go out on our aqua-hot elec. switch. The switch is made so that it is difficult to repair a burned out bulb and the entire switch must be replaced. I called my dealer and he had some in stock. With as many lighted switches as we have on our mh it sure would have been nice if Monaco had used the switches with LED. Sam
Oh-one is offline   Reply With Quote