Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2012, 09:18 AM   #1

Dead chassis batteries

Just went out to start my holiday rambler DP and found the chassis batteries were dead. I have a solar panel on my roof that charges my house batteries as they are fully charged after the winter. I only have a click on my isolator solonoid when I press the battery boost switch. Starting the genny does not charge the chassis battery either. To get me going can I just jump across the two large terminals of the isolation solonoid and get the coach started. I am thinking that the isolation solonoid is faulty but until I get a new one I thought that bypassing the solonoid would do the job of getting the coach started. What if I left the two larged terminals jumped together??Until I buy a new solonoid..

I have a echo charging system on my coach but have not checked the status LED..I have done some searching the archieves for help and that came up..will check later today as today is Mothers Day and am spending time with my family . Could that be my problem??

Thx
Ted
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2012, 09:35 AM   #2

You got it figured out right. No problem jumping across. Only issue would be, you could run down both sets of batteries together if you left something on. No need to buy the expensive solenoid you now have. Just get a good 3 or 4 terminal (depending on how many wires you have) CONTINIOUS DUTY solenoid from a parts store or boat store. Be certain it is CONTINIOUS DUTY!

Another issue, if the chasis batts are that dead, chances are they are no longer servicable..............especially if they are original on your 05 rig.
arby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:42 AM   #3

Thanks Arby for the info...When I bought this coach last year the people said that the batteries were new..I always wondered about them as they did not look clean..I will shop around for a new continous solinoid..and take a second look at my batteries..

Again thanks..Arby

Ted
Old 05-13-2012, 11:46 AM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Tedde....To initially get it started, it might be easier to take a pair of jumoer cables and just jump the coach batteries to the chassis batteries. I'm thnking less work than opening the panel and trying to jump the solenoid. Get it running and see what condition the batteries are in.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, chassis