Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2010, 09:10 PM   #1

DeMartini

What`s this that DeMartini RV in northern Cal, is ni longer a Monaco Dealer ..Went to look up the nearest dealer in my area, and he wasn`t even listed, and I live only 100 miles north north from him.
I went on his web, and found a lot of new Fleetwoods, and no new Monacos, or Hr`s.. a lot of older stuff. Was looking for the new Navastar..
SuperMex is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2010, 09:28 PM   #2
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
I just checked their website and they have all models of Monaco coaches listed. Also some HR .. so
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:22 AM   #3

Bob, I think what he is saying is they are no longer a Monaco Dealer, doesn't mean they can't sell Monacos. This is probably the same situation as John Bleakly RV here in Atlanta. They dropped being a Monaco Dealer because Monaco pre-approved warranty work that John Bleakly did but then Monaco refused to pay. John Bleakly is owed a lot of money (and I mean a lot) by Monaco. In protest they dropped being a Monaco Dealer. I am sure that Bleakly is not the only RV dealer that was screwed like this.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:24 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I just emailed Tim DiMartini to see if they were still a Monaco dealer and will let you all know the results. I also did a search for CA dealers and they were not listed as a Monaco dealer. I purchaed my Diplomat from them and they were great to deal with.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:52 AM   #5
JFC

Monaco Owners Club
I noticed trhe same thing, they don't come up as a dealer on the Monaco sites. That's too bad, bought two HRs from them over the years, and their service is great. If they're no longer a Monaco dealer, maybe we'll see some new Tiffins on their site. Not interested in any of the Fleetwoods they have. I guess we'll wait and see Tim's anser tot eh e-mail.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:42 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
de Martini

Would definately buy another Holiday Rambler but not from De Martini.

We bought from them and they treated us like SH.. after the sale.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:48 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I believe this is the first negative post I have EVER seen about DeMartini. Are you talking about Tim and Jon in Grass Valley, CA? What specific issues did you have with them?

Luke
Lukeaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 10:51 PM   #8

Luke- this is the second negative posting I've seen on DeMartini. The first was a coupla years ago on purchase of a used Country Coach. That one turned out to have two very different sides. Certainly overall ratio of great to poor observations about DeMartini is near 100%.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:18 AM   #9

Those are the only 2 I have ever seen in print also. I know that my SiL, who I sent to DeMartini for a new Monaco coach last year, had some serious problems with Jon, after the sale, but as soon as I made Tim aware of the situation, it was very quickly rectified. Jon, did have some problems relating to customers, but hopefully they have that worked out. I know I would never deal with Jon over anything, only Tim.
The Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 04:15 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
De Martini

We bought our first coach from Jon and were very happy. When we were looking for an upgrade that is the first place we went. We sat down with Nate, the salesman, and settled on our new coach. We had some options put on including an HD dish on the roof. We did this because the coach came with an HD tv. We bought the SKQ model with the 37" in the center of the coach.
When we picked up the coach, we ran out of time to hook everything up, so we left for Las Vegas thinking we would hook it up later. Upon trying to hook up the Directv box we realized there was no HDMI cable to hook up. Called Nate, and after some research he told us that this coach was ordered without the HDMI cable. We had sat in front of Nate and specifically asked him if there were any options required for this coach that we may have missed. He said no. We had to drive from Las Vegas back to Grass Valley to get the HDMI cable put in.
De Martini could not answer the question as to how they tested the dish install without the HDMI cable.
We had them install the cable, and they charged us full retail price and full labor for the install. We would have preferred at the least dealer cost after driving 2,000 miles. We accept some responsibilty for not questioning Nate further about the coach; but we also think De Martini should have accepted some responsibility for not telling us about the missing cable, especially after we had asked about any options we may need.
They just blew us off completely. They had made the sale and that is were their responsibilty ended, according to them. We did see Nate when we were there to get the cable put in but when he saw us he quickly headed in the other direction. Two days and $579.00 later we left.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:00 PM   #11

I have a 2008 Contessa and they didn't run an HDMI or multi-color HD cables between the front location where the DVD and satellite system are and the 40 inch HDTV in the center--just plain dumb! Even dumber is why they located the DVD and satellite system in the front overhead that's too small for the equipment when there's an ideal storage cabinet directly over the large TV. I guess it's because the front location can be common to all units, even those without the center TV. So, until I can run the cables (looking for suggestions on how to do this) I have HD reception on the 20" front TV and non HD digital to the large center TV.

Given that HD is relatively new and the HDMI interface is even newer, it's no surprise that many don't know what it takes to make it work. As for testing the satellite system, HD cabling is not required. If this is your only problem, then you shouldn't feel to bad. I'm curious why you drove 2,000 miles to have the cable installed, given you were going to pay for it anyway. No one closer or were you just headed that way anyway?
ImagineIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:16 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry to see someone unhappy with Demartini. We have purchased two coaches from them. We have dealt with both Jon and Tim. We couldn't have been any more satisfied. They were fair, honest and a pleasure to deal with. I have often said that if I could find a car dealer who treated us as well I would be driving a new car more often. As far as service goes, Kevin, the service manager couldn't be any better. He too is fair, honest and a pleasure to deal with. Too bad people only tend to verbalize when they are unhappy.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:41 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
I would also like to add that I was very pleased with the service work done by DeMartini and found Kevin a pleasure to work with recently when I had my coach in to fix a few bugs.
kketterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:11 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Another vote for DiMartini.