Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2008, 10:09 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Just left my dealer and he will be closed by the end of the month. I thought he would stay open will full service and next to nothing sales, but Tim is running scared. I don't think the building can be sold with all the empty space around. Seems like since techs will work for part of the service charge, it would work.
alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2008, 10:09 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Just left my dealer and he will be closed by the end of the month. I thought he would stay open will full service and next to nothing sales, but Tim is running scared. I don't think the building can be sold with all the empty space around. Seems like since techs will work for part of the service charge, it would work.
alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:37 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alan1:
Just left my dealer and he will be closed by the end of the month. I thought he would stay open will full service and next to nothing sales, but Tim is running scared. I don't think the building can be sold with all the empty space around. Seems like since techs will work for part of the service charge, it would work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just read something about that on rv.net and it also was mentioned there that some of the techs from DeMartini and the moncao service center was opening up a place around Elkhart for factory type service complete with body shop as well. About all I know, thought there might have been more here.

06 HR PDQ 40'
crudeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:00 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
This is true, some of the tech people have opened their own business here in Elkheart. They will be doing full service plus paint/body work. Monaco warranty work can be done. They are starting Sept 8th I believe. I've talked to two of the people involved and it appears it will be a first class operation. I hope that this operation takes off and does well.
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:19 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cb5300:
This is true, some of the tech people have opened their own business here in Elkheart. They will be doing full service plus paint/body work. Monaco warranty work can be done. They are starting Sept 8th I believe. I've talked to two of the people involved and it appears it will be a first class operation. I hope that this operation takes off and does well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well that is good news and I wish them well. I would assume they should do ok. Wondering where the shop going to be there in Elkhart? Is it part of the Monaco facility, cant see any other use for it and maybe they were going to rent out that portion and have the rv spaces to use as well.

06 HR PDQ 40'
crudeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:19 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Location: Full-Timer (Thousand Palms RV Resort - Inverness Fl)
I can echo cb5300 comments on the tech people opening their own business in Elkhart. JD the service manager for DeMartini, Scott and a couple of the techs from Monaco are involved. I had a service appointment with DeMartini for October 12th and JD called to advise of their closing. He has me schedule with his new set up the same date. Those that know JD and Scott can vouch for their quality work - I was going to try and find some place here in Maine to have the work done but since JD called we will go with our original plans to head their way. The 1500 mile trip (Maine to Indiana to Maryland) is worth it.
MCPO Ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:04 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
What a shame. Great group of people! Great work. Can anyone provide info on contact info for the new shop in Indiana? We too can vouch for JD, but expecially Scott. If we were near that area and needed service, we would get it done thru him. If I remember correctly, he was service department manager for Travel Supreme before heading over to DeMartini.

GW
Old 09-09-2008, 11:23 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
gypsies - don't know the address yet as I have not heard back from JD. I have his phone number if you need it.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:58 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I just saw this on rv.net....

I just received this Email from JD the Service Manager for DeMartini RV in Indiana. Formerly from Monaco Service
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello to All,

As most you have already heard and have been calling me about, yes Tim DeMartini has decided to close the Wakarusa location service. This email is not being writing for anyone to call Tim and state anything to him as the owner he is doing what he feels is best at this time for his business which we all respect.

This is mainly to inform you that as most of you have been asking if myself and some of the techs that have been giving you great service if we will be continuing to do so. The answer to that is yes we feel that there is too many of our customers that enjoy coming to this area not to offer the same great service and quality that we have been doing for you. We have gotten together with some of the factory trained techs from Monaco service and will be opening a new location in Elkhart off CR 17. We will offer to do full warranty and customer pay repairs. We will also be doing paint and body work as well. If you wish to call and set any repairs up the info below is where you can reach me or I will be here until the end of the month as well. Please feel free to let all RV owners know of this so they too can get needed repairs taken care of.

Elkhart Service and Collision

21888 Beck Dr.

Elkhart IN, 46516

574-389-9999

Thank You,

J D Adams

Service Manager

DeMartini RV Sales of Indiana
Old 09-10-2008, 01:19 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
I'm not sure if JD is involved with the group that I'm speaking of. Bill Dunmire and Mike Miller are heading up a group that has opened up a shop that can handle service and body work. Bill was in charge of the paint shop at Monaco and he took the cream of the paint guys with him. Mike was the service manager there at Monaco. I'll get a phone number to post up if anybody is interested.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:30 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Anyone have a good phone number or email for the shop that JD Adams (from DeMartini) can be contacted through?
Old 09-19-2008, 05:16 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
This message was posted on another forum. has a number but not sure if it's still current

"Just an update for you. Had a front curbside roof separation where rivets broke loose (2005 Ambassador) while traveling through the area. Needed repair quickly before any rains. Called JD Adams at DiMartini. Although not officially open for business yet, we were sent to the new facility to be called Elkhart Service located on Beck Drive off of CR 17. Spoke with both JD Adams and Bill Dunmire (former Monaco/HR service) about our problem, JD setup a date Monday, Sept. 8, 2008 for service at 9AM. We were on the road again 2 hours later with the roof repaired in a more than satisfactory manner. We look forward to working with them again in the future. Note: close to this complex will be service provided by Onan/Cummins, Norcold/Dometic, Carefree awnings to name a few. From our conversations, believe they will coordinate with those facilities. The new facility is located with a group that has painting and graphics facilities which includes offices and 4 large brown service buildings. JD gave us the phone number of the graphics business to reach him until they determine how they will setup their business office and officially open. That number is 574-389-9999. If you call it, ask to leave word for JD or Bill Dunmire. Opening of the new facility was targeted for late September to early October. Can only say from my standpoint, it's an option I'll use again. Thank goodness for something located in the Midwest!"

Hope this helps
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 03:47 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Bob-

That helps some - looks like the phone might not be up and working yet. I'll keep trying.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:41 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MCPO Ret:
Anyone have a good phone number or email for the shop that JD Adams (from DeMartini) can be contacted through? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here is a number where J.D. can be reached. 574-389-9999. If you need an appt. call Kathy Wing @ the number above and she will set you up. Elkhart Service and Collision has opened their doors and can do all warranty work on your Monaco products. They are located @ 21888 Beck Dr, Elkhart, IN. Their web site should be up and running in a couple of days. www.elkhartserviceandcollision.com. I really hope that these guys can make a go of this, I know Mike and Bill and they truely do care about the customer and I feel will go that extra mile for you. I know that I'll take my coach to them for service and any repairs that I may need.