Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2012, 10:57 AM   #1

Detroit Series 60 Intake Manifold Temp Reading

Does anyone with a Detroit Series 60 in a Monaco product read the Intake Manifold Temperature on the Aladdin Engine page sub-page? All I get is XXX.X for a temperature reading. I know that the Cummins ISM-500 gives the Intake Manifold Temp on that page but i cannot find anyone that gets it for the Detroit motor. I don't want to troubleshoot something that never was designed to work. The MH Owners manual or the wiring diagram do not show the that input to the Aladdin for either motor.

Don't want to insult anyone here but no guessing or theories please. Need actual data.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2012, 06:42 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Mike,
The Cummins ISL also reports in as Air Intake Temp
Not that it answers your question, just more munutiae.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:39 PM   #3

Believe, me, this is not intended to insult you, but by your avatar, you must have some knowledge of engines? Have you looked to see if there is a sensor on the manifold?
GreaTOne65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:59 PM   #4

Yes, I have a sensor on the intake manifold and it would be reported to the ECU. Detroit uses the data but I am trying to find out if it is reported from the ECU to the Aladdin and if it is then I have a problem. I don't believe that the Detroit ECU sends it to the Aladdin but I am trying to verify that. Like I said I don't want to chase my tail trying to find something that is not there to start with. So far I have not found a single Monaco with a Detroit that has a intake manifold temperature readout that has anything other than XXX in the field on the engine page. If the sensor itself has failed then the ECU would turn on the CEL and drop a trouble code.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:45 PM   #5

Can't believe we don't have that many readers that don't have the Detroit Series 60 in a Monaco.