Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2012, 09:23 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Did a little remodeling

Well we finally did the refrigerator conversion. We got rid of the Norcold and replaced it with the Samsung. What a difference !! The Norcold was still working but not well. The cooling unit showed signs of excessive heat and some of the insulation looked like it had burned... glad it is gone.

Our Viewsonic burned out several months ago and I had purchased a 32" LED unit to replace it. I originally bolted a swing arm to the cabinet and secured it with bungee cords while travelling .. real classy We finally modified the cabinet to accept the new TV. The cabinet was shortened in height and the width extended to fit the new TV. The cabinet now looks better than the original factory cabinet.

My wife never did like the Atwood cooktop. The Atwood didn't put out enough BTU's to boil water in a large pot. The thing was a nightmare to keep clean. We replaced it with a two burner Seaward unit with electronic ignition. The top is completely sealed and nothing can fall underneath the burners like the Atwood.

We replaced all of the carpeting and pad. The new carpet looks great !!

I would love to take credit for all of the above work but alas I had it done by Elite RV Repair & Remodel in Harrisburg OR. These guys are GREAT!!
They did a fantastic job. There are 3 guys, Marty, Mark & Erik. They all previously worked for the old Monaco and really know what they are doing.
I highly recommend them if you need any sort of remodeling.

Steve
nutensteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2012, 07:45 AM   #2

Hey Steve,

I have an 07 PDQ and would like to replace the carpet also. Can you tell me more about that. How did they do it, how long did it take and what was the aprox cost.

Thanks,

RB
arby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:35 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutensteve View Post
I would love to take credit for all of the above work but alas I had it done by Elite RV Repair & Remodel in Harrisburg OR. These guys are GREAT!!
They did a fantastic job. There are 3 guys, Marty, Mark & Erik. They all previously worked for the old Monaco and really know what they are doing.
I highly recommend them if you need any sort of remodeling.

Steve
Good job, Steve, Hey, a checkbook is one of the most useful tools in the box and I use mine.

X2 on Elite Repair and Remodel. Those guys know what they're doing and do it well.
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:31 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by arby View Post
Hey Steve,

I have an 07 PDQ and would like to replace the carpet also. Can you tell me more about that. How did they do it, how long did it take and what was the aprox cost.

Thanks,

RB
RB

They removed the couches in the Liv area and the complete bed in the bedroom. They also removed the drivers console and the wood trim around the liv room slide. This allowed them to get the carpeting underneath rather than cut around these areas. We left the original tile in the kitchen and bath areas. It took them about 2-1/2 days and the labor was about $1800. We spent about $850 on the carpet and pad. The result is so much nicer than the original carpet.

Hope that helps.

Steve
Old 04-30-2012, 05:34 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindsorDave View Post
Good job, Steve, Hey, a checkbook is one of the most useful tools in the box and I use mine.

X2 on Elite Repair and Remodel. Those guys know what they're doing and do it well.

Dave,
You are right about the checkbook tool. I never leave home without it. lol
Old 04-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #6

nutensteve: Congrats on the mods!! How about some pictures. The fellows at E;lite are awesome!!
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:00 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by moisheh View Post
nutensteve: Congrats on the mods!! How about some pictures. The fellows at E;lite are awesome!!
I just knew someone would ask for pics ... had to be you Moisheh !! lol

I'll try to post some after we get back to Long Beach. We are at Guaranty RV in Junction City right now getting the tire blowout damage repaired. The folks at Guaranty are great also. They got me in this morning and promised to get me out by tomorrow afternoon. I was lucky that the damage was limited to the fiberglass around the wheel well. Sure glad I have insurance.

Steve
Old 04-30-2012, 07:42 PM   #8

Thanks Steve. I had a quote in Yuma this winter for around 5 grand and your job sounds much better than what they planned to do. Thought they were a little high.

RB
arby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:48 AM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
That cooktop sounds... interesting.. I'm not all that pleased with ours either.

As for the Fridge. ... I'm going to stick with the RV type I think.. We occasionally boondock and house type fridges just suck too much power.

That said Dometic (And Norcold) both sell low-power compressor type fridges.. Instead of hundreds of watts running.. or the 350 the standard "Absorption coolilng unit" draws. IT's closer to 40 watts.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:34 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Here are a few pics of the changes we made.
Attached Images