RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2012, 08:34 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Did you ever have one of those.....WEEKS?

It started with scraping the side of the MH on a low wood fence in a KOA, damage to the water tank access panel on the curb side of the MH. A few days later, going up a steep grade in very warm weather, the engine warning light comes on twice and goes out, so I think all is good, maybe not so. When I get home, I notice spots of oil all over the toad, not good. Looks like a pretty good oil leak from what I think might be the air compressor, so I make an appointment to get it looked at next week.

Thinking things can't get much worse, I take my MH to its new storage yard, gate code doesn't work (it did 2 days ago, and now the office is closed), back home to see if they changed the code, yep they did, but it was an accident. Back to the storage yard with the new gate code, all is good, open the gates and drive in, this is where it goes downhill fast. DW come up to the coach and says you aren't gonna be happy, the gate started to close on the MH and gouged the side pretty good, she was right non both counts, looks to me to be about $4K to $5K in damage.

Off to fight with the storage yard folks tomorrow because their gate sensor didn't work, both optical and loops in the ground.

Sometimes it just doesn't pay to get out of bed.

BTW, this is the first nod only damage in 25K miles.

Time for a stiff drink

Dennis

DennisZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2012, 08:52 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Dennis,
That beats my story ... of damaging a cargo door while exiting a car wash (yup: I left the door open!). But I can sympathize.

Robi.1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:38 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Ouch......
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:50 AM   #4

BROTHER -where have you been?????? You have to be a relative for sure!!!!!!

Steve
SPA48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:55 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
It's bee over a week but not as expensive as yours. The day before we left Mo on a trip to Sioux Falls and points east the front a/c started blowing hot air, VERY hot air. We camped at Yogi Bear CG in Sioux Falls and when we got up in the morning we found the windshield cracked in three places!! Coulda sworn the site was level enough but I guess not. Also by this time we are living in the bedroom because there is no air in the front. Called the ins co and told them we were heading for Elkhart, In to get our a/c fixed and they sent us to ESC services for the job. ESC replaced the shield and the front a/c and we are now in Ohio visiting relatives. Have that hollow feeling now and then wandering what's next!!!
Ron
Old 07-16-2012, 07:09 AM   #6
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Sorry to hear guys. Never fun to go through this stuff. I've had my own OOOPs moment, but several years ago now so I look at it as a beginner rookie mistake and don't talk about it.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:13 AM   #7

I don't understand why the windshield cracked,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pusherpilot View Post
It's bee over a week but not as expensive as yours. The day before we left Mo on a trip to Sioux Falls and points east the front a/c started blowing hot air, VERY hot air. We camped at Yogi Bear CG in Sioux Falls and when we got up in the morning we found the windshield cracked in three places!! Coulda sworn the site was level enough but I guess not. Also by this time we are living in the bedroom because there is no air in the front. Called the ins co and told them we were heading for Elkhart, In to get our a/c fixed and they sent us to ESC services for the job. ESC replaced the shield and the front a/c and we are now in Ohio visiting relatives. Have that hollow feeling now and then wandering what's next!!!
Ron
jemma112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:46 AM   #8

If you're not level it can have that effect on the windshield. Lots of heat up front probably helped the process.