Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2010, 07:40 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by moisheh View Post
On our Dynasty the same thing happens in heavy rain. It is the step out warning. A known problem on some step circuits.
Moisheh:
I don't have such an alarm on my steps (and not mentioned in the Diplomat manual).

loranimal (Carl):
Your "faint ding" description is dead-on. What side of the engine is this connection on?
or: '08 Buick Lucerne
Robi.1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2010, 03:58 PM   #16

Robi,

Mine only did it when there was very heavy rain with lot of water on the road. I did not drive in those conditions very much so mine only sounded a couple of times. the dinging started off loud and steady and then went faint and stopped. Never had to have anything replaced but if I remember when it did sound off I could also see the tranny temp gauge bottom out to cold. I know there isnt much movement in that gauge anyways but thats how I knew it was the tranny temp senser. Hope this helps
Old 09-03-2010, 04:31 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by loranimal View Post
When I had my 05 Dip w/ISL, I used to get the same type alarm in the rain. Faint ding from under the dash access cover. It was coming from a little black box. It was the oil pressure sending unit on the side of the engine. I took the connections off and cleaned them real good. Then I coated them with liquid electrical tape. Never had a problem again.

Carl
This was exactly what happen to mine, but since I had the Aladdin and the dash gauge I decided to disconnect the little black box rather than find the oil pressure sending unit. That was 4 years I always keep an eye on the gauges and never have had a problem.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:33 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robi.1014 View Post
When driving in the rain, my 2004 Diplomat sounds an alarm... that of a "ding" "ding" "ding" with about 1 second between each "ding". It's a "ding" and not a "beep" (for what THAT's worth!!).

It is a quiet alarm, i.e., not loud, sometimes barely discernable from ambient road noise. When the road becomes dry, the dinging stops within a few minutes.

I suspect that this might be an alarm indicating a problem with the anti-lock braking system. I just haven't had the time to troubleshoot this one .... so I'm asking if anyone else has experienced this. My guess is the fix might be sealing any/all anti-lock brake connectors at each wheel.

Thanks in advance.
On the Roadmaster Chassis the low air sensor is bad about getting road scum on it and shorting out in wet weather, its a little hocky puck looking thing on top of the front air tank, solution is to clean and coat with RTV and this sounds like your problem. Another possible alarm with Roadmaster with RVA Jacks is low fluid in the jack system solution is to put the front jack down 6 inches with the key on and fill the tank until the alarm stops
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 07:55 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robi.1014 View Post
Moisheh:
I don't have such an alarm on my steps (and not mentioned in the Diplomat manual).

loranimal (Carl):
Your "faint ding" description is dead-on. What side of the engine is this connection on?

I want to say it was on the pass side towards the front of the engine right above the oil pan. But the mind hasn't been working 100% lately. When I was working on the problem back then I was told the sensor in question was only used by Monaco and not the one Cummins uses to monitor the oil pressure. That's why you see not indications on gauges.

Carl
Old 09-04-2010, 08:47 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt2137 View Post
On the Roadmaster Chassis the low air sensor is bad about getting road scum on it and shorting out in wet weather, its a little hocky puck looking thing on top of the front air tank, solution is to clean and coat with RTV and this sounds like your problem. Another possible alarm with Roadmaster with RVA Jacks is low fluid in the jack system solution is to put the front jack down 6 inches with the key on and fill the tank until the alarm stops

This is what happens on my coach as well. If you look closely at the "low air" light, it is on very faintly. It is not loosing any air and the air pressure is okay according to the guages. In talking to Monaco this is a frequent problem when driving in the rain.
womps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 12:14 PM   #21

Ding Ding alarm

I would start by sealing the oil sensor pick-up on top of the oil filter housing, the alarm is up front but the pick-up for it is in the back, that's what ours was.. We also have small wires coming from the bottom of the air tank and I sealed them too.. Another place is the bottom of the fuel filter where the little wires are, I sealed them also..
Mike M..
MLMath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:40 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to JohnDolyn
could be a LOW Air alarm, my sensor is located on the front tank and occasionally sounds in damp weather. One of these days I will get under there and fix it.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:57 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
To all: Much appreciate the feedback. And it appears I have several connections to check and/or weatherize.

What I also "learned" (I guess) is that the sounding of the alarm does not signify that a system has failed ... which is to say that chassis safety has not been compromised while this connection is damp.

Thanks.
or: '08 Buick Lucerne
Robi.1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:11 PM   #24

Dinging alarm

I just ran in to the same problem on our 04 Diplomat when it was raining real hard. So thanks all for the tips on what to look for. I am a new member and I am looking forward to leaning about the tricks on our coach, thanks again.
Carl Trader is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alarm, ant-lock brake, wet weather