Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2022, 01:09 PM   #1

Dining slideout height adjustment

I've got a 2016 Holiday Rambler 33ct. I noticed last fall that the painted design at the right side of the dining slide out (looking from outside) no longer lined up with the design on the house when fully retracted. In otherwords the right side was a bit low. I measured everything when it was extended and all was fine. I started cranking in the height adjustment bolt on the metal beam on that end and did get it to raise up but I ran out of bolt length. Why did it drop? system seems simple enough. Can I just put in a longer bolt to get things lined up? I'm about 1/2 an inch too low still.
ulsterman50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2022, 04:05 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Not sure exactly sure what slide model you have, but mine has an inner square tube riding on HMW plastic mounted to an outer tube. One adjustment is at the end of the inside square tube. Its an allen head screw which is secured by a lock nut. There are also up to four rollers which the slide rolls on as it moves in and out. Those are also height adjustable. The slide alignment is a combination of of those two adjustments.

What model motor home do you have?
Old 01-24-2022, 08:36 AM   #3

dining slideout height adjustment

I have a Vacationer 33CT. Anyway you could send me pictures of what I am looking at? I've been under the slideout a number of times and only found that one adjustment bolt. The slideout beam is gear driven and I see nothing adjustable on the gear end. Is it the slideout box itself that has dropped? Trying to avoid a visit to the dealer for service.
Old 01-24-2022, 09:09 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Here's a picture of the rear slide rails, this rail is the inside rail. The slide-out limit adjustment is in that circular cut out on the right. The slide-in limit adjustment is the horizontal bolt on the left. The up and down movement of the slide wall is under the square tube on the left. You can just see the lock nut on the adjustment Allen bolt under the end of the square tube.

Old 01-25-2022, 07:49 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Do you have any information on the make/model of the slide mechanism. Since your coach is fairly new it may be different then the older slide systems. Is the slide a flat floor or raise floor model?
Are the paint lines that you are concerned about out of alignment off when the slide is all the way in or out?

On my slide there is a roller mechanism mounted on the wall itself that has an adjustment screw. this will raise the whole slide up/down when you adjust it. I also have adjustments on the end of the slide arm and on the inside I have rollers under the slide.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 12:02 PM   #6

Your picture looks similar but not the same. I'll check with Rev to see what the brand and model of the slide out is. Thanks for the help
Old 01-25-2022, 01:57 PM   #7

ulsterman50-

What does the bottom of the slide look like? Any damage?
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 09:26 AM   #8

no damage what so ever
Old 01-26-2022, 05:12 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Are you sure the painted design should line up? Maybe your slide is just fine and the design was not painted lined up.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 07:30 AM   #10

Im sure the paint pattern lined up when we bought the unit

Tags
slide, slideout