Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2016, 07:11 PM   #15
YC1

I think it will fit fine. I just measured 70 inches and more if the slide roller bolt top is trimmed but I do not think that would be necessary.

The specs I have on the refer shows plenty of room. The hinges would not be a factor because they would clear the bottom and top. So the dimensions without the hinges is what I would go by.

Sounds like Alliance has been there and done that. I sure would like to see pictures. My Dometic keeps purring along so tires are the next dent in the budget.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Refer.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	116940  

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2016, 09:23 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
whirlpool

We installed a whirlpool 10.7 c.f.fridge (WRT111SFDM) from Home Depot last year. It works great and apparently no apparent issue with the inverter. So glad to be rid of the "not cold'.

Had to Mcguyver a door stop for it. The biggest trick in changing out to a residential fridge is finding one that will fit without ripping up the woodwork.
Old 01-22-2016, 12:46 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackman View Post
We installed a whirlpool 10.7 c.f.fridge (WRT111SFDM) from Home Depot last year.

The biggest trick in changing out to a residential fridge is finding one that will fit without ripping up the woodwork.
We're hoping for something larger that the currently installed 12 c.f. Norcold.

To install the 17+ c.f. sized Samsung or Fisher & Paykel WILL require some woodwork, for sure! We're OK with that.

I just don't want to find myself in a position where I need a sawzall to shorten the refrigerator to fit the space available.

Take care,
Stu
Old 01-23-2016, 07:27 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 Driver View Post
Thanks, Cusn Edy (gotta love that User Name)

Is your Cayman the SBQ plan with the refrigerator mounted in the curbside forward slideout? If so, that's just like mine and the F & P "should" fit.

Also good to know that the F & P runs fine on the MSW power.

Take care,

Stu

Ours is the 36 PDD so the refrigerator is not in a slideout. I had to lower the floor about 2 inches and was able to gain a little room at the top but it looks like it was meant to be there. See the picture attached. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1453602445.595585.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	117165
Cusn Edy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 07:41 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusn Edy View Post
...the refrigerator is not in a slideout...it looks like it was meant to be there.
That's a great looking install. You're exactly right, it looks like it belongs there.

My problem is that the slideout installation location significantly decreases the height available. Alliance Coach assures me that they can make it fit. We'll see.

How do you latch the Samsung closed for travel?

Take care,
Stu
Old 01-23-2016, 08:23 PM   #20

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Stu,
I have an 08 Endeavor SKQ so it is an almost identical coach to yours.... I will be following this thread closely because I would also like to change to a residential fridge sometime in the future.
Hopefully you will be able to take some photos when alliance is installing your new fridge. I'm looking forward to seeing how it all turns out!

Thanks, Brian.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Sheriffbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 08:46 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Stu,

Are there any items below or above your refrigerator now that can not be moved? The F&P easily sits in our slide out with about 8 inches to spare. I know this because we just did a major remodel of the motorhome and the refrigerator sat in the slide while I built and installed the new cabinets and did the floors. I would think either the Samsung or the F&P would be fine as long as you can utilize the entire height of the slide. We simply use a bungee cord around the door handles to keep them closed. We don't use anything on the freezer and it has never come open and we have travelled some terrible Texas roads this past week. I also added a new picture which shows the new cabinets with the fridge. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1453606938.906969.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	290.2 KB
ID:	117167Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1453606964.027390.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	117168
Cusn Edy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 06:24 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriffbubba View Post

Hopefully you will be able to take some photos when alliance is installing your new fridge. I'm looking forward to seeing how it all turns out!
Hi Brian,

For sure...photos of the process if Alliance will allow me on the shop floor during the install. Otherwise, photos of the finished installation.

Take care,
Stu
Old 01-24-2016, 06:40 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusn Edy View Post

Are there any items below or above your refrigerator now that can not be moved?
Hi Cusn Edy (that still cracks me up),

Above the existing Norcold is about 2" of wood trim, then the ceiling of the slideout. Below is about 3 " of open space that is above the mounting bolt for a roller on the slideout.

It appears to me that the trim above the Norcold is cosmetic, not structural, and could all be removed. I don't see any way that the bolt for the slideout roller can be modified to allow more room.

I'll give Alliance an opportunity to make it all fit.

Take care,
Stu
Old 01-26-2016, 12:18 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Whatever you end up doing do NOT let Alliance Coach install Southco latches for the French doors or the freezer. You will be VERY disappointed as I was.

I had Billy Thibodeaux's RV shop install mine and that's what they used on the French Doors. I removed them after using the fridge for one day. I now use a 15 inch Velcro strap which works great. Have had no problems in 30,000 miles and two trips to Alaska and back.

I have included photo's of my travel locks. The freezer lock was the RV shops design and I have never changed it except to paint it black. It works great!

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Samsung French Door Lock.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	117461   Click image for larger version

Name:	Samsung French Door Lock CU.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	117462  

Name:	IMG_1146.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	117463   Click image for larger version

Name:	Samsung Freezer Drawer Lock Key.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	117464  

Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 01:59 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
Whatever you end up doing do NOT let Alliance Coach install Southco latches for the French doors or the freezer. You will be VERY disappointed as I was.
Thanks, Richard. I'll be sure to discuss that with them BEFORE they do the install.

I believe that I've seen photos of someone who designed a T shaped device that they install between the refrigerator handles (the top, horizontal part of the T) and the bottom, vertical part of the T drops down through the freezer handle. Not sure if my description paints the proper picture for you. Maybe I'll be able to find the photo. Anyway, it looked like an 'elegant' solution.

Thanks again, for the warning.

Take care,
Stu
Old 01-26-2016, 03:28 PM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thumbs up Alphabetically Challenged

My bad!

The correct letter is NOT a T, rather it is an upside down U.

Reference post #5 in this thread: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/samsu...es-256123.html for a photo of what seems to me to be an elegant solution.

Credit member dons2346 for this solution.

Take care,
Stu
Old 01-26-2016, 05:33 PM   #27
YC1

I would like to get a look at your install if possible next week Richard.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 05:35 AM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post

I would like to get a look at your install if possible next week Richard.
Myron,

I would be happy to show you the installation that Billy Thibodeaux did with my Samsung RF-197.

Not sure what site I have been assigned until I check into Lazy Days.

See you next week and anxious to meet everyone putting a face with a name. I haven't been able to attend since the first two held in 2011 & 2012 having been on the west side of the country since then.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator