Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2010, 09:28 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Diplomat Soft Floor ?

I am having a problem with cracking and loosening of the floor tiles at the aft end of the galley and between the fridge and toilet door, when walking in this area the floor seems to flex as if the wood underneath may be going soft.

also when the slide is in the rear end appears to be a little lower than previous and on the outside the bin door that is under that part is now starting to rub against the underside of the slide when I open the bin.

Has anyone else had similar problems and what is the fix?
I'm thinking I may have to strip the whole interior section and replace the bad parts under it?

Hope not but anybody ? thanks in anticipation
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2010, 06:26 AM   #2
rex

Monaco Owners Club
Gordon, there are three rollers under the galley slide. Two are adjustable from inside and are accessed inside the cabinets by removing a plastic cover. One of these is on the aft end of the slide and the other next to the couch. These two move with the slide. The third roller is accessed through the driver's wheel well by removing a plastic cover and is also adjustable, but is stationary and does not move with the slide.

Extend the slide half way out, back off the roller adjustment on each end of the roller till the roller does not touch the floor, then move the adjustment the opposite direction till the roller just touches, then turn it one and a half more turns.

On the outside there are stop that can be adjusted for how far the slide comes in.

I also have the cracking mortar between the kitchen and bath. It appears there is a flooring joint there, but not sure about that. There is a sub floor set on top of the coach flooring which is about 3/8 to 1/2 inch thick on which the tile is set. Removing and repairing the tile is a real job as the tile does not want to come up easily or in large pieces. Could be that you have some sort of water intrusion causing the problem also, but if you are sure that is not the case, then it is just the frame twisting causing the problem.

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:30 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I would also look for a leak. Monaco uses strand board (roor sheathing) as an underlayment. When it gets wet it can cause what you are experiencing. Strand board can exhibit some of the symptions you are seeing when allowed to get wet, it expands unevenly and can lose its integrety. Smart money would have been a good exterior plywood but some manufacturer used strand board which is much cheaper. Only option is to replace the strand board with a quality indoor/outdoor true plywood that can withstand water.

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:11 PM   #4
rex

Monaco Owners Club
To follow up on Sixpack98's post, check the caulking where the roof joins the sidewall. There will be two lines of caulk, one above and one below the joint. I found leaks in these where the patio awning post bracket was mounted at the roof line. Had to remove the bracket to see the opening. Had this leak on both awning post brackets.

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:29 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Regarding the bay door hitting the bottom of the slide: My problem turned out to be too much stuff in the slide cabinets and drawers. Once I took out 100 lbs., the bay door no longer hit the slide bottom.
Lukeaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:36 PM   #6

I have the same issue in my 99 windsor. There was two water issues. The line for the icemaker was leaking behind the fridge and also the resr end of the slide out. Result is a very rotten sub floir requiering entire interior removal and slide out removal. Complete new floor and tile. The job costs around 30 grand if you pay a dealer to do it. Sorry fod the bad news. Climb in your rear right bay and push up on the ceiling below where the fridge is . If it moves youve got the same issue.