Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2011, 08:22 AM   #1

Talking Discounted Michelin Tires for Monaco Owners

I would like to pass this on to all Monaco owners. I replaced my two front tires last summer and it is now time to replace my six back tires. They are 295/80R22.5 and I want only Michelin XZA2 Energy tires $$$$$. I have a Michelin store local here that I have been doing business with for years and I did get the best price from him that is a rock bottom and I was ready to buy. Then I noticed the Monaco International RV Club was going to have a good deal on all Michelin RV and trailer tires (car and pickup truck tires also) so I paid my dues and joined and waited until they announced the deal. Wow, let me tell you it is a deal and you are getting fleet discount pricing on these tires. From the best price I had got it knocked $100 off EACH tire so that is a total of $600 off plus my dealer is buying my old tires from me for $100 each so I am saving $1200 on this whole deal below the best found price. I am getting the BEST for LESS and no worrying that you got ripped off on the price or not.
This is how it works. You have to own a Monaco product because you give them your VIN number when you join. They then will send you a membership card that has a secret “Bill To” number on the back and you get a password in a letter. You then go up on their special Michelin website they give that has all the tires models and sizes with FIXED pricing. You then have to find a Michelin truck tire dealer that can handle that is a National Account Dealer and can sell tires under the Fleet Program. Not a big deal because they are listed on the Michelin Website. When you get the tires you give them that magic secret “Bill To” number off the back of the membership card and your VISA number and the deal is done. That dealer cannot tell you what you are paying for those tires. He doesn’t see the price and doesn’t care. There is a name and a number for a Michelin guy that is coordinating the program and you can get a copy of the Invoice via email from him after the purchase.
It sounds complicated but it is not. What will confuse you is if you go to a Michelin dealer that cannot handle a National Account because he will not understand it and will probably tell you there is no such program.
Here is the Monaco International RV Club website
http://www.monacointernationalrvclub.com/
In the lower left corner of the web page is the Michelin deal but you will not get any data about in unless you first join. Believe me it is such a deal.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2011, 04:08 PM   #2

Owe you a cool one!

Well, now you did it! I wasn't going to buy them until next year but I can't pass up a good deal like that. Thanks for taking the time to let us all know about it.
radams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:44 PM   #3

Get your tires now because the prices continue to go up. These Monaco Internationa RV Club prices are fixed.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:02 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Canter View Post
Get your tires now because the prices continue to go up. These Monaco Internationa RV Club prices are fixed.
Mike, can you please give us an idea what one tire would be priced at with the deal. I need tires also and this would help in price negotiations.

Thanks, Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:09 PM   #5

Sammie, I can't do that because they asked that we not publish the prices especially since if I understand by your profile you cannot belong to the Monaco International RV Club since you own a Winnie.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:27 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
No problem Mike. I understand.

Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:32 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
i am thinking that if monaco did this, so would others like thor or winnie

A few months ago we were parked next to a guy that was buying a new used rv and the next day he was odd to a mich dealer because mich has an rv club price
he got 6 tires for under 2k

thank mike
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2021 F250 or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:07 PM   #8

One of the Bluebird clubs also has that pricing. I am not yet convinced that the so called fleet prices are that great. I have an email from another Monaco owner who paid $416.00 for the 295's while the MI price is $541.50. He simply asked for the Michelin Tour Bus Coach price. And this was at a California outlet that is owned by Michelin. Tire pricing is a strange business. I can sometimes buy Michelins for our fleet from one dealer that may be 20% cheaper than another. Depends on their stock and how many tires they have purchased. I can see that if you were in a strange city or were a full timer the MI would be a good deal. BUT that MI deal sure beats Retail.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:23 PM   #9

With this Club pricing you are not buying the tires from the dealer. He is just the go between to do the paper work. He has no idea what you are paying for the tires and never sees the price so it makes no difference on what is in his inventory or how many he has purchased. My tires are being shipped from the big Michelin facility in South Carolina. If you can get the tires cheaper especially at $415 then I would suggest getting them from that place. I would have a hard time believeing that price at $415 for that size and in the XZA2 unless I saw it because I have talked to my friend at the Michelin dealer and know the costs. My guess is there was a typo and he really meant $615 but that would have been a few months ago before the prices went up. Maybe you could have bought that tire at that price a couple of years ago but not now. If that price is at $415 then that is not available to us little RVers because we don't have the right handshake code.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:34 PM   #10

MIke: I never stated I could get that price. I was merely relaying what I was told and what was posted on the Yahoo Moanco Forum. Dont shoot the messenger! I also noticed today that TCI ( the Michelin owned dealer) will not give that discount to MH owners anymore. I am glad you are satisfied with the price you were quoted and the $100 buy back is a bonus.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:23 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Mike,
Can you offer more insight/thoughts on the $100/tire you got? Not having purchased MoHo tires yet, I hadn't thought that the carcass of my old tires were worth something.
or: '08 Buick Lucerne
Robi.1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:53 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by moisheh View Post
MIke: I never stated I could get that price. I was merely relaying what I was told and what was posted on the Yahoo Moanco Forum. Dont shoot the messenger! I also noticed today that TCI ( the Michelin owned dealer) will not give that discount to MH owners anymore. I am glad you are satisfied with the price you were quoted and the $100 buy back is a bonus.
TCI doesn't give the discount...The discount is from Michelin, TCI doesn't have anything to do with it other than mount and balance the tires for you....Now with that being said, I'm in a battle with Michelin now over some side wall cracking. Michelin told me that warranty doesn't cover side wall cracking, and that they are not responsible. I've been fighting them since Dec. over this. The tires (at the time I started this fight) had 75% tread left and was only 38 months old (from the DOT date).

Long story short, I'm not sure if I'll ever buy another Michelin or BF Goodrich tire again, and I've bought these tires since I was 18 years old.
I'm now looking at the Bridgestone tires and I can buy them at a few dollars under the MI Michelin plan...
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:17 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
So how much is it to join? I looked at the site but didn't see a price to join.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:20 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
$40.00 1st year, $15/year after that. Click on Member Services then the second link... You can't sign up online, you fill out a form, print it, then mail the form and a check to them for membership...

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote