Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2022, 11:49 AM   #15

I use a cordless Ryobi angle drill and the mothers polishing ball with the longer extension.

I like the angle drill because you have more control and two places to hold it....the handle and at the head of the drill....just works good for me.

It is sold as a package with the extension and ball at Auto Zone and other retailers.

If you ordered the "Oxidizer", rub it on and then go right over it with your polish...you don't have to remove it first

There is a video(s) on Youtube about "California Customs" you may want to browse.

For a quickie in between my bi-annual wheel polishing,
I use Flitz Multi Purpose liquid in the squeeze bottle.

This is what works for me [emoji106]
Toribk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2022, 10:10 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Smile

Well as of yesterday at 8:00 pm I now have 3 out of 6 wheels polished. Half way through the front wheel my new polishing products arrived so I tried them out and man what a difference. My new polishing ball is way way better than the Mothers cone or ball. This new one is shaped like a bee hive and is solid more dense foam so it's much more durable. Plus it has a long shaft with a sleeve on it so you can hold it for more control. I got it from Amazon and it is a Chemical Guys ACC400 Ball Buster Wheel and Rim Polisher System (Drill Attachment). Plus I ordered some different polish that blows Mothers away! It is Autosol Metal Polish in a 750 ml can. It takes the corrosion away lickety split. I hope to get the last 3 wheels done today. Wish me luck!
Old 07-14-2022, 02:59 PM   #17

I do like the Chemical Guys honey bee hive shaped polishing ball.....ordered one today from Amazon.

Now back to work[emoji23]
Toribk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 11:37 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Well I got the last 3 wheels all polished up today and boy what a difference. The new Chemical Guys polishing ball works great, blows the Mothers power cone out of the water, got things polished up so much quicker.
Now it will be so much easier to keep them shiny as I plan to polish them every year if not more. Then they will just get better and better every time.
Old 07-19-2022, 08:46 PM   #19

A quote from me 4 years ago on the Beaver forum:
“ Do not try to polish AccuShield wheels. A light wipe of HydroSilex or Aerospace 303 might do though.”
There should be a sticker or stamped lettering in the rim identifying the wheel as plain Accuride, or coated Accushield or one other I think called Accu-armor(?). If an Accushield is no longer bright after Dawn or Simple Green Motorsports washing, then someone has tried polishing it and ruined the clear coat.

Links I included there to Accuride/Accushield webpages are no longer viable, so I’d suggest searching Accuride’s website and checking out the end of their “installation and maintenance” video:
https://www.accuridecorp.com/resources

Or:
Accuride Corporation
38777 Six Mile Road
Suite 410
Livonia, MI 48152
(812) 962-5000

Direct Line
Customer Service: (800) 626-7096
Old 07-20-2022, 07:57 AM   #20

But if their coated it won't work. So if any of you wonderful and knowledgeable folks can help me I would be forever in your debt.[/QUOTE]

They are not coated.
botiemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 07:00 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	F721A8DD-2158-4736-8FF4-F3C2ECE009E9.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	284.5 KB
ID:	371562
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/2 canadian View Post
A quote from me 4 years ago on the Beaver forum:
“ Do not try to polish AccuShield wheels. A light wipe of HydroSilex or Aerospace 303 might do though.”
There should be a sticker or stamped lettering in the rim identifying the wheel as plain Accuride, or coated Accushield or one other I think called Accu-armor(?). If an Accushield is no longer bright after Dawn or Simple Green Motorsports washing, then someone has tried polishing it and ruined the clear coat.

Links I included there to Accuride/Accushield webpages are no longer viable, so I’d suggest searching Accuride’s website and checking out the end of their “installation and maintenance” video:
https://www.accuridecorp.com/resources

I have a sticker on my wheels on my 07 Beaver Contessa. I attached a pic of the label.
Or:
Accuride Corporation
38777 Six Mile Road
Suite 410
Livonia, MI 48152
(812) 962-5000

Direct Line
Customer Service: (800) 626-7096
Old 07-20-2022, 08:52 PM   #22

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Yoopers View Post
Nice !

Your Beaver looks identical to my H.R, except you got the Accushield rims !!
Old 07-21-2022, 03:29 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Nice !

Your Beaver looks identical to my H.R, except you got the Accushield rims !!
Yeah Ben, it does not make any sense why some have them and some don’t ,unless they were an option back in the day.
Old 07-21-2022, 09:27 AM   #24

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Yeah, thats certainly a possibility.
Old 07-22-2022, 07:06 AM   #25

Took him about two minutes. I guess he used some sort of an acid wash.

The better polishes do indeed, have an acid in them. However, these polishes do not contain any type of sealant so if you want them to stay shiny longer, coat them with a ceramic product. I had just finished giving mine the Mother's treatment when a friend stopped by. He looked at the wheels (which I thought were stellar) and suggested I try the stuff he uses on all the fire trucks he maintains in our county. He brought a small bottle over and did a spot on the wheels I had just finished. I didn't think a better shine was possible, but it was plainly a far superior product. I use it once a year now.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P1050610.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	371671  
Old 07-22-2022, 09:50 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Pray tell botiemad, what is the name of this wonderful cleaner that you are using now? I'm sure we would all like to know. Thanks 😊.
Old 07-23-2022, 08:09 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdpuff View Post
Pray tell botiemad, what is the name of this wonderful cleaner that you are using now? I'm sure we would all like to know. Thanks 😊.
This is the stuff. Here is where to get it. If you are using any type of power tool, use only 1 drop on the pad. I'm not kidding, 1 drop, when that is used up, again, put only 1 drop on the pad again. It takes less than a capful do do all my wheels. The stuff is amazing.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20220723_070021.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	390.0 KB
ID:	371751   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220723_070034.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	326.2 KB
ID:	371752  

Old 07-23-2022, 09:40 AM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks so much botiemad, I will pick some up when we go to Arizona this fall for the winter and give it a try. Anything to make the job easier cuz man was it allot of work to get them to where they are now which is 100 times better than they were but there are still some stubborn spots. Who ever designed these wheels needs a slap upside their head. To make a low spot at the center of the wheel is not too bright, any time you stop it holds water promoting corrosion. But it is what it is and they are beautiful wheels when they are all shined up so I can't complain, just need to keep on top of keeping them pretty.

Tags
ride