Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2020, 07:31 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
Do you have the Intellitec multiplex control system?

My biggest concern with the “new” to me 08 Navigator is the house multiplex system. Fortunately I’m fairly handy and after 14 years with a 04 Dynasty all the other systems do not worry me. If you’ve had problems with yours, please post the symptoms and the solution so over time we will have a database of solutions.

So far I’ve only had all the lights, light up, on the 12 button keypad by the door. Was the only one and would not shut off. Unplugging the wiring connection on the back for a couple minutes solved the problem.

This past winter I made an appointment with M & M Electronics (one of the few who know the system) to have them make a CD/Thumb-drive of what my 13 keypads do while they were in Deland, Fla. A keypad will only do what it’s programmed for regardless of where it’s located. This info will make it easy to reprogram my system if I have major problems in the future. Their main location is in Ohio City, Ohio. (419) 965-2662 Took 1.5 hours and they programmed the spare CPU I have although they say it rarely gives problems.

My system is located behind the overhead front TV and on the driver’s side wall in the rear closet. One of the reasons I replaced the front TV with a LED was to reduce the amount of heat...heat and electronic do not go together. OK, I wanted a bigger smart TV. The rear location concerns me (engine heat) but haven’t come up with a solution.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2020, 08:19 AM   #2

We have the Intellitec in our coach, and I think it is pretty great. It can be flaky from time to time, but you found the key by unplugging the board to "re-boot" it, so to speak. I've found that I get similar results from shutting the power off to the system and re-powering it. Either the battery disconnect or the "salesman switch" will usually do it, as there doesn't appear to be any battery backup involved in the system.

If you've made friends with M&M, you're golden. I think you'll really enjoy it. I might add, I purchased a module and cables that lets me program the keypads to do what I want them to do. That's been nice, as I've reprogrammed most of them to where the button placement on the pads makes sense, instead of being rather random.

Sounds like you've got a beautiful coach! Enjoy!!
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 08:22 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I've got the same system. Only problem I've had was while driving (generator running and both roof airs on), we would get lights throughout the coach blinking off and on randomly. Since I'm the primary driver, I wasn't aware of this for over a year when finally my grandson asked me why are the lights blinking. Further investigation found that anytime I had generator running with heavy load, the EMS board would blink rapidly from generator to 30 amp and lights would turn off and on throughout coach as if it were haunted. It was never effected while connected to shore power. I posted the symptoms here and another site, and seems to have many people stumped. I was.

Numerous calls to M&M. Replaced florescents, re-booted everything. Nothing solved the problem. (I did get all new LED lights throughout the coach, however.)

Finally changed out the control board and that was it. Never an issue since.

My board is in the rear closet over the engine. I think it's heat related, but not practical to move the electrical panel or the engine.

I now leave the sliding closet door open and have a fan blowing on it to help dissipate the heat. Seems to be working, but only time will tell.

As far as a back up for the system, I think it's a good call. I haven't done it yet as I haven't been close to M&M to have them do it.

I like the system. I wouldn't hesitate getting another coach with the same set up.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 08:25 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by K7JV View Post
We have the Intellitec in our coach, and I think it is pretty great. It can be flaky from time to time, but you found the key by unplugging the board to "re-boot" it, so to speak. I've found that I get similar results from shutting the power off to the system and re-powering it. Either the battery disconnect or the "salesman switch" will usually do it, as there doesn't appear to be any battery backup involved in the system.

If you've made friends with M&M, you're golden. I think you'll really enjoy it. I might add, I purchased a module and cables that lets me program the keypads to do what I want them to do. That's been nice, as I've reprogrammed most of them to where the button placement on the pads makes sense, instead of being rather random.

can you elaborate on the module and cables, Please?
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 08:02 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I recently made a cable and read the configuration out of my Intellitec Controller. I also purchased a second controller and loaded the configuration into it and plugged it and verified correct operation.

My next step is to make a cable to read the keypads and backup those configurations too.

Paul
pwhittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 08:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by K7JV View Post

Please tell us more.....
Old 06-17-2020, 07:17 AM   #7

The following is an email from M&M back in 2016. We did this. I have not messed with the programming of the keypads for a very long time, though. But you could certainly contact the guys at M&M and get better information. Here is the text of the email from them:

The PMC programming harness is available, but because of the special application for these units, they are on the expensive side. your cost for a USB programming harness is $379.00 + shipping and it can go out the same day you place the order, if interested. Please feel free to call or email if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks
Mark Bayus
Chris Bayus
M&M RV Electronics
419-965-3014
Old 06-17-2020, 07:26 AM   #8

I actually purchased the USB harness (module and cables) from M&M, but haven't worked with it. I was successful with essentially the same unit (older design) when our coach was only a couple of months old, but that was generations ago, in "computer-speak". It was Windows based and used a serial cable connection. It is my expectation that this one will work equally well, and it connects via USB and I expect it will work well, running under Windows 10 on my Mac. I could add pictures of the device, but it is at the coach and we won't be there until this coming weekend.
Old 06-17-2020, 08:27 AM   #9

We have the multiplex system on our 2007 Navigator that we have owned and full dimmed in since 2008. We also had M&M record our program so if anything happened we would be protected. I would want it again, I really like it. When we got the coach at Lazy Days, I asked them if they could reprogram 2 switches at the bed to operate the window awnings at the bedroom. They said no. Later when in for some service at Alliance, I asked them if they could do it. They said it couldn't be done, 2 different loops or some such. I asked M&M and they said sure, so now we can control the bedroom window awnings not only from the front, but also at the bed. Very convenient. In all these years, I finally had a problem, when I turned on a vanity light it would not shut off. I called M&Mand they found one of the modules in the bedroom closet had gone bad, I ordered one from them, replaced it and all is well. I think the ability to customize the switches and their location and operation is fantastic.
Bill767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 06:59 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
In searching to see if another manufacturer used this system (maybe CC did) I found the following on reprogramming the key pads:
http://www.mikerobotics.com/Intellit...300837.000.pdf

Also found several post were a 5 amp fuse on a 120V switching board was the problem:

“But, wait, there is a fuse on the board, the fuse is BLOWN, a small 5amp fuse. The Monaco tech never said anything about a fuse, only to replace the board.

Replaced the fuse, lights come on. Recycle the air conditioners and they come on also. We are fixed.

My guess on the air conditioners is the Intellitec panel defaulted to a 15amp input and "shedded" power to the other two air conditioners. I did not check the washer/dryer, but I am sure now they had no power either.

The reason for this long winded post is this is a hidden fuse, and one that darkens the entire coach. Hopefully, someone searching this board in the future will stumble across this, and realize what the simple repair is, and lower the hours of troubleshooting I went through.

This is a great board.
Old 06-20-2020, 04:12 PM   #11

Which board has that fuse? Our Dynasty has the intellitec system bt I thought only 12 volt items were part of the multiplex. The washer dryer do run through the inverter controller But maybe the 08 Dynasty is different.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 07:44 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
I had M&M back up my coach. I also had them put different functions on unused switch positions. It is not a simple click a few switches and everything changes system. They had to spend some time with every parameter change to get it to work. After watching the process, I do not want to attempt to do it. It is not as simple as it sounds. I will stop there to get any future changes.
Old 06-24-2020, 03:55 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwhittle View Post
I recently made a cable and read the configuration out of my Intellitec Controller. I also purchased a second controller and loaded the configuration into it and plugged it and verified correct operation.

My next step is to make a cable to read the keypads and backup those configurations too.

Paul
Can you post a wiring diagram for the cable?
Old 06-26-2020, 06:14 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Guys

Could someone please explain the importance of having M&M write a backup of the system? So far my Intellitec multiplex system has worked without a glitch.

Tags
intellitec