Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2021, 02:13 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpasetto View Post
Still confusing. I hear about a cable and then a USB programming adapter.

Re 'CABLE': I know the Intellitec PMC CPU has an RJ12 connector for the RS232 serial interface, but there's no standard for the pinouts on the RJ12 as there ae for an RS232 DB9 at the other end of a cable which would plug into the RS232 port of a computer (rare these days) which actually had an RS232 port. @Ivylog or @ pwhittle, do you have the answer there, pinouts that is?

Re 'USB programming Adapter": @fxdwg, Do you mean the USB to RS232 port adapter which would plug into a USB port (on pretty much any computer out there) and then to the RS232 serial cable?... or is there some other USB adapter which connects elsewhere into the network?
The PCU uses the RJ12 connector which connects to a PCB (usb programming adapter), which then goes from mini usb (out of the adapter) to usb going into the computer. That's how the data from the cpu is read and modified.

The switch panels use a 3 pin AMP connector instead of the RJ12. I think, but as I've not yet found one I'm not sure, there is another PCB (usb programming adapter) that would plug into the AMP connector, and the data would be read through the PCB and probably out of that adapter mini usb to usb into the computer. The PCB's only serve to convert the data to more of an excel format for the software to interpret. But, as I stated, since I've not yet gotten my hands on the switch panel programming kit, I am only speculating what it is based off of what I see with the cpu kit.

I hope that helps.
fxdwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2021, 03:29 PM   #44

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdwg View Post
The PCU uses the RJ12 connector which connects to a PCB (usb programming adapter), which then goes from mini usb (out of the adapter) to usb going into the computer. That's how the data from the cpu is read and modified.

The switch panels use a 3 pin AMP connector instead of the RJ12. I think, but as I've not yet found one I'm not sure, there is another PCB (usb programming adapter) that would plug into the AMP connector, and the data would be read through the PCB and probably out of that adapter mini usb to usb into the computer. The PCB's only serve to convert the data to more of an excel format for the software to interpret. But, as I stated, since I've not yet gotten my hands on the switch panel programming kit, I am only speculating what it is based off of what I see with the cpu kit.

I hope that helps.
By 'PCU' do you mean the PMC CPU? If so then do you have the cable which goes to what you call the 'PCB (Usb programming adapter)' ? Is that an adapter which plugs in to the USB port of a computer? Pictures would help.
Old 02-01-2021, 09:05 PM   #45

Sorry, I didn’t catch the mis-spell of PCU. Yes, it should have read CPU. PCB- printed circuit board- of the adapter.

Yes, there’s cables that go from the normal usb out of the computer to the input mini usb of the adapter. The adapter has a 4 pin connector which connects to one of several different cables. Each of those cables is terminated in a different connector.

All connections are exactly the same EXCEPT that very last cable. You change it to match what you’re connecting to. Everything from the laptop up to that cable is the same for every configuration. And the only thing that changes is the very last connector of the last (farthest from the laptop) cable.
Old 02-02-2021, 04:18 AM   #46

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Sorry, I didn’t catch the mis-spell of PCU. Yes, it should have read CPU. PCB- printed circuit board- of the adapter.

Yes, there’s cables that go from the normal usb out of the computer to the input mini usb of the adapter. The adapter has a 4 pin connector which connects to one of several different cables. Each of those cables is terminated in a different connector.

All connections are exactly the same EXCEPT that very last cable. You change it to match what you’re connecting to. Everything from the laptop up to that cable is the same for every configuration. And the only thing that changes is the very last connector of the last (farthest from the laptop) cable.
Do you have this adapter? Is it an intellitec product or something built by another company?
Old 02-02-2021, 07:48 AM   #47

Yes, as I stated in an earlier post, I have the adapter. The one I have is an intellitec product. They do come up for sale every so often.

As an edit, I need to correct one bit of info I previously posted about the switch panel connection. I'd previously thought you connected to the 3 pin AMP connector coming out of the back of the switch panel to program it. But that's not correct. There is a very small and well hidden 4 pin connection on the front of the switch panel and you actually connect to that to program the panel. I'd like to go back and edit the original post, but it doesn't appear I can do that.
Old 02-02-2021, 08:28 AM   #48

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Yes, as I stated in an earlier post, I have the adapter. The one I have is an intellitec product. They do come up for sale every so often.

As an edit, I need to correct one bit of info I previously posted about the switch panel connection. I'd previously thought you connected to the 3 pin AMP connector coming out of the back of the switch panel to program it. But that's not correct. There is a very small and well hidden 4 pin connection on the front of the switch panel and you actually connect to that to program the panel. I'd like to go back and edit the original post, but it doesn't appear I can do that.

OK, that's good information. Is that adapter you have the 10-01079-000? I may have missed that. Can you post a picture of it? I searched the internet for "Intellitec 10-01079-000" and one of the results is on Ebay as "sold" item which is described as a "INTELLITEC 10-01079-000 USB PROGRAMMER KIT - ROAD COMMANDER INTERFACE". Nothing in that picture looks like an RJ12 Id this the kit you have?

Also if you have the pinout diagrams for the 4 pin connector on the panels and the pinouts for the RJ12 on the PMC-CPU that would be useful to know too.
Old 02-02-2021, 11:28 AM   #49

That is the kit I have.

The RJ12 is sort of hidden in the center of the picture below and to the left of the lower left corner of the black usb programming adapter case.

I do not yet have pin outs for anything other than the back of the switch panels.
Old 02-22-2021, 08:06 PM   #50

Rpasetto posted a great picture, above. I have this, in a box, and would be happy to sell it to a good home. I bought it in March of 2016 from M&M Audio for $397.36.

I also have the Intellitec RS232 Programming Adapter P/N 00-00849-000. I purchased it form Intellitec in March of 2006 for $106.47.

Our '06 Dynasty Countess III can be seen now, on RV Trader. The link is https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/-5015534003 But the bottom line is that if you would be interested, please PM me and we can make something work on either or both Adapters.

We still truly love our coach, we have just decided we need to both no longer spend our winters south, and downsize significantly. But our '06 has treated us absolutely beautifully!!

Cheers for now, and be safe!
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 07:48 PM   #51

How do I know if I have the Intellitec system? I don’t see a controller anywhere.
DaveBunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 05:25 AM   #52

O don't think an 04 Camelot has any multiplex system.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
intellitec