Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2020, 07:38 AM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
yeah. Multiplexing is cool. But I prefer not to have anymore electronics (that I can't troubleshoot/fix myself) in my Coach than necessary.

Similarly, all of the failures of my home equipment (TVs, refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machine, etc.) that I have had to replace in past 10 years were all due to failures of the electronics (no the mechanical components).
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2020, 08:16 AM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypoxia View Post
The system and programming sounds simple. I had M&M program some unused switches. It took a fair amount of time to do each switch as well as figuring out why after programming it the switch did not work as desired and resolving that. Keep in mind they already had the programming for that function. Functions such as the button "Scene Theater" which dims some lights, turns other lights off, puts the blinds down etc. for watching a movie, they did not want to change any of those functions as it was too complex. They charge around $75 for each switch programmed and they earned it.

I didn't check the part numbers but I think this is a good description of the system.

https://www.intellitec.com/wp-conten...-00837-000.pdf
The documentation referenced says: "PROGRAMMING THE SWITCH PANELS (continued) ...The configuration can be stored on your computer for future use by clicking on “SAVE CONFIGURATION FILE”. The program will take you through the steps to save the file to the location you want it on your computer.
You can retrieve this file later, to program another panel with the same configuration.
You can also read the configuration from a programmed switch panel to duplicate its function by clicking on “READ CONFIGURATION FROM SWITCH PANEL”. Once the program has been read, the button assignments will show up on the screen. This program can then be used to program a duplicate switch panel."

Have you done this? Anyone? It should not be very difficult if you have the right software, and the right connecting cable. Where do you get that?
Old 12-05-2020, 09:17 AM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
The problem is - there is no software available to the "End User" to use to connect to the multiplex system and do the back-up or programming.

And you need a way to connect to your computer to the Multiplex system. I n this case I believe you can get a PLC programmer that will connect, but you still need some sort of program so the devices can communicate.
Old 12-05-2020, 09:07 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Mike,

The software is available to read the configuration. I have built a cable to read and backup the programming from my Intellitec controller.

I also bought a spare controller and have loaded the backup into it and verified the new controller works.

That all means that my controller will never fail. [emoji3]

Paul
pwhittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 04:45 AM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwhittle View Post
Hi Mike,

The software is available to read the configuration. I have built a cable to read and backup the programming from my Intellitec controller.

I also bought a spare controller and have loaded the backup into it and verified the new controller works.

Paul
Your kind of a genius Paul. It's not so easy for the rest of us.

Are you planning to make/sell anything that others can use to backup and/or program their controllers.

Did you connect from your "PC" directly to the controller?
or PEmicro | Experts in Embedded tools for Flash Programming and Development
Old 12-06-2020, 05:01 AM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwhittle View Post
Hi Mike,

Paul
Paul, Great to hear this. Please provide the URL for the source for the software. Also please post pinouts for the cable.
Old 12-06-2020, 07:46 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Do you have the Intellitec multiplex control system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post
Your kind of a genius Paul. It's not so easy for the rest of us.

Are you planning to make/sell anything that others can use to backup and/or program their controllers.

Did you connect from your "PC" directly to the controller?

or PEmicro | Experts in Embedded tools for Flash Programming and Development

Hi Mike,

I wanted to do it for myself primarily, and I still need to finish working out how to make a cable to backup the keypads. I have one flaky keypad and I want to be able to replace it.

I used a USB to Serial cable and then made an adapter to connect to the controller. No PLC programmer required. I did find out the Intellitec software does not support all USB adapters which can be a complication.

If we are ever in the same place, I can backup your system.

Paul
pwhittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 08:23 AM   #36

Switch Panel Cable

I need to find a cable so I can try programming some of my switch panels.

I have a usb programming adapter from Intellitec. The usb programming adapter part number is 10-01079-000.

The only thing I'm missing is the cable to connect to the switch panel.

Supposedly the Intellitec part number is 10-00849-000. It's listed as "programming kit". I think it's only a single cable but it may be more than that, as I haven't even found a real description of the "kit".

I know the switch panels have 12v power supplied through the outer 2 pins (+/-) and the blue/yellow loop communications are run through the center pin (technically the center pin is comm + and uses the 12V- pin from the supplied 12V power for ground).

Does anybody have a cable they can take a picture of so I can build my own? Anybody have one I can borrow long enough to make my own? Or have one they're no longer using that they'd like to sell?

I've tried contacting most of the Intellitec distributers without success.

I'd strongly recommend having a copy of your coach's programming and DO NOT rely on anyone else to maintain that copy.

Currently no one is capable of ensuring the functionality or even the existence of any saved programming, other than a coach owner. I'd like to think this situation will change in the future.

Once I get mine straightened out, I will have at least 2 copies stored on different media.
fxdwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 03:10 PM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdwg View Post
I need to find a cable so I can try programming some of my switch panels.

I have a usb programming adapter from Intellitec. The usb programming adapter part number is 10-01079-000.

The only thing I'm missing is the cable to connect to the switch panel.

Supposedly the Intellitec part number is 10-00849-000. It's listed as "programming kit". I think it's only a single cable but it may be more than that, as I haven't even found a real description of the "kit".

I know the switch panels have 12v power supplied through the outer 2 pins (+/-) and the blue/yellow loop communications are run through the center pin (technically the center pin is comm + and uses the 12V- pin from the supplied 12V power for ground).

Does anybody have a cable they can take a picture of so I can build my own? Anybody have one I can borrow long enough to make my own? Or have one they're no longer using that they'd like to sell?

I've tried contacting most of the Intellitec distributers without success.

I'd strongly recommend having a copy of your coach's programming and DO NOT rely on anyone else to maintain that copy.

Currently no one is capable of ensuring the functionality or even the existence of any saved programming, other than a coach owner. I'd like to think this situation will change in the future.

Once I get mine straightened out, I will have at least 2 copies stored on different media.
Looks like you 've gotten pretty far. I've also contacted Intellitec and get no response. I've been trying to get info on backing up the CPU module, . It seems they're not willing to even communicate with the end user. Have you been able to get that far? The Intellitec website has a page for the CPU unit at https://intellitec.com/wp-content/up...-01015-120.pdf which says:
"Through the use of Intellitec's WinPMC II Windows
based software program and the connection of a PC to
the RS-232C port, the user can easily set up the
relationships between the switch inputs, timers and
outputs."
It appears that one needs to communicate via the CPU first in order to be able to program the switch panels, but maybe I am reading that wrong. It appears Intellitec has just enough tech info online to get a reader interested, but not enough to get'r'done.
Old 01-30-2021, 05:15 PM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
From my first post “ This past winter I made an appointment with M & M Electronics (one of the few who know the system) to have them make a CD/Thumb-drive of what my 13 keypads do while they were in Deland, Fla. A keypad will only do what it’s programmed for regardless of where it’s located. This info will make it easy to reprogram my system if I have major problems in the future. Their main location is in Ohio City, Ohio. (419) 965-2662 Took 1.5 hours and they programmed the spare CPU I have although they say it rarely gives problems.

M&M plugged into each of my 13 keypads to download their functions... didn’t access the CPU to do that. They did copy the CPU program so they could program the spare CPU I bought on EBay.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 07:56 PM   #39

Rp-
Yes, I have gotten all the info from the cpu. The best I can tell so far, that only gives you the cpu side of things. You need to be able to access each switch panel to get it’s programming. Then you have a complete programming copy. If you search for win pmc, I’ll bet you’ll find the software. It appears to be a fairly standard program using the .ipx extension for it’s files.
That being said, I do think you need the usb programming adapter to connect to the cpu. Once you have that, it’s stupidly simple to get the data from the cpu. Plug it all together, open device manager to see which comm port you’re connected to, using win pmc open that port and tell the software to retrieve the data. Save a copy. Done. Truly simple.
Programming is certainly more difficult, but once I get the other cable I’ll figure that out and post the results. I know there are a few cables out there, I just need to get hold of one long enough to at least be able to duplicate it.
As I said, once you have the info, save it in 2 different ways. Other people will not ensure it’s useable info for future use. Hopefully they’ll figure out how to in the future. By then, I won’t care, as I’ll be able to do it all from scratch.

(Intellitec has the switch panel programming software on their site for download.)

So who’s got a cable I can borrow, rent or buy???!!!!??? Even just a link to be able to buy one would be good, too!
Old 01-31-2021, 07:13 AM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
Pwhittle ^^^^ (above) in Atlanta has made a cable and will down load the pad functions. M&M ^^^^ stores in copy of my 13 key pads and gave me a thumb drive backup. They could program a replacement key pad and send it to me...when into some detail on the location/name of each key pad.
M&M spends the winter in Deland, Fla, where I had my backup done.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 08:17 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivylog View Post
Pwhittle ^^^^ (above) in Atlanta has made a cable and will down load the pad functions. M&M ^^^^ stores in copy of my 13 key pads and gave me a thumb drive backup. They could program a replacement key pad and send it to me...when into some detail on the location/name of each key pad.
M&M spends the winter in Deland, Fla, where I had my backup done.

Make sure you have a good functional copy, as they do not always protect their copy. It can and has "become corrupt or missing" (their words).
Old 02-01-2021, 07:03 AM   #42

Winnebago Owners Club
Still confusing. I hear about a cable and then a USB programming adapter.

Re 'CABLE': I know the Intellitec PMC CPU has an RJ12 connector for the RS232 serial interface, but there's no standard for the pinouts on the RJ12 as there ae for an RS232 DB9 at the other end of a cable which would plug into the RS232 port of a computer (rare these days) which actually had an RS232 port. @Ivylog or @ pwhittle, do you have the answer there, pinouts that is?

Re 'USB programming Adapter": @fxdwg, Do you mean the USB to RS232 port adapter which would plug into a USB port (on pretty much any computer out there) and then to the RS232 serial cable?... or is there some other USB adapter which connects elsewhere into the network?

Tags
intellitec